Senior Software Engineer (Boston, MA)
Job Duties: Responsible for product development to include front-end, back-end, database, API development & management on Azure cloud platform. Duties include:
1. Test drive development methodologies & techniques;
2. Analyze & understand functional requirement for Web Application to determine feasibility of design & impact analysis;
3. Design & develop services for web application with the technologies like ASP .NET, C#, WCF Services, Web API, LINQ, XML, JSON;
6. Develop & troubleshoot standard and cross-platform web based applications;
10. Make use of jQuery including basic plugin development & properly leveraging other plugins like jCarousel, lingua, jHoverIntent etc.;
12. Utilize SVN/TFS for version control system;
13. Utilize Fiddler for HTTP debugging proxy server application;
14. Enhance & re-factor existing Web Application by adhering standards to correct errors & allow to adapt latest technologies & hardware to improve performance;
15. Provide architecture & technical inputs for better performance, scalability & security;
16. Improve processes & optimize performance through code & performance tuning for Web Application;
17. Use Agile methodology with SCRUM, sprint planning & Continuous Integration through development life cycle & contribute in all phases of development cycle;
18. Problem solve & peer code review for team members with technical expertise & best practices;
19. Work with customers & quality assurance to ensure best solution aligns with Web Application;
20. Write technical specifications, program documentation & perform unit test plans for all work performed in Web Application;
21. Deploy & publish Web Application to Alpha, Beta & Production.
Position requirements: Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or a related field plus 5 years’ experience understanding & analyzing requirements. Experience must include:
1) 5 years’ experience working with customers/QA/product team for designing web application;
2) 5 years’ experience with deployment & publishing application on Alpha, Beta & Production;
3) 5 years’ experience with cross browser compatibility issues & how to test & fix them;
4) 5 years’ experience with problem solving & code review;
5) 5 years’ experience using a version control system such as SVN/TFS;
6) 5 years’ experience with Fiddler as HTTP debugging proxy;
7) 5 years’ experience re-factoring code for compatibility of hardware, OS & performance of application;
8) 4 years’ experience writing technical documentation & unit test plan;
9) 4 years’ experience providing architecture inputs for improving performance, scalability & security of web applications;
10) 4 years’ experience improving performance & processes for web application;
11) 4 years of experience with Agile methodology with sprint/iteration planning & continuous integration;
14) 4 years’ experience with ASP.NET, C#, WCF Services, Web API, LINQ, XML, & JSON;
15) 4 years’ experience with UI design with emphasis on maximizing usability;
JOB OPPORTUNITY QUALIFIES FOR EMPLOYEE INCENTIVE REFERRAL PROGRAM.
Employer: West Publishing Corporation – Elite Division
Job Location: 22 Thomson Place, Boston, MA 02210
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.