A four-year degree in computer science or a related field is required.
Required Skills (Must have), Necessary industry Experience & associated number of years of
Knowledge and Skills
• Development experience in one or more scripting languages like Unix shell, perl, python, php, etc.
• Hands-on experience on Unix operating systems and familiarity with Unix tools
• Development experience in Java server-side technologies using frameworks such as Struts, Spring and understanding of layered architectures
• Application of Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) techniques and implementation using Design Patterns
• Development experience with Relational Databases and use of SQL
• Knowledge of content transfer protocols and technologies – http(s), ftp, RSS, web services, MQ/JMS
• Knowledge of structured (HTML/XML – DOM, SAX) and unstructured content parsing (regular expressions)
• Knowledge to create unit level tests using JUnit, and of test driven development in general
• Effectively balance and prioritize multiple projects and tasks concurrently
• Ability to interact effectively within and across other teams
• Strong technical acumen and communications skills
Candidates should possess:
• 3+ years of total IT experience.
• 1+ years of Java based development using Design Patterns
• 1+ years working with large relational database such as Oracle and SQL Server including stored procedures
• 1+ years working on Unix systems, and with scripting technologies like Unix shell, perl, etc.
• Proficient in XML and related technologies
• Possess excellent written and verbal skills
Candidates should also possess:
* Experience interfacing with US customers and working on US based projects
* An established track record for creating clear and concise LLD for medium to large scale problems.
* A history of meeting aggressive deadlines in uncertain environments and maintaining strong customer relationships.
* Skills in developing and leading high performing teams that demonstrate excellence in a dynamic fast-paced environment with a high degree of flexibility and accountability.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills including both oral and written proficiency
Desired Skills (Nice to have in addition to the Required Skills), Necessary industry Experience & associated number of years of experience:
• Experience in content acquisition domain & technologies/tools
Any Certifications Required:
• Java Certification a plus
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.