The Senior Services Operations Analyst supports and contributes to professional services operations and financial profitability of LES. In this role you will:
- Report directly to the Senior Manager of Services Operations and work closely with the Global Services and Finance teams to ensure the financial success of key client software implementations.
- Monitor and review project invoices, work in progress, project milestones, collections, credits, cash applications, etc.
- Lead regular reviews and take action to maintain data integrity and build added functionality as required by the business at the direction of leadership.
- Help to determine overall health of projects from contract signing to project closure.
- Proactively identify and escalate project risks to senior management and propose a mitigation plan.
- Create and maintain internal reports and metrics for leadership and publish team contribution metrics to measure success.
- Be responsible for supporting internal systems, operations, and the Project Management organization.
- Make recommendations that may shape operational strategy and implement scalable solutions.
- Determine the nature of complex or undefined problems and independently identify the best solution from many alternatives.
- Collaborate effectively with the other roles within the function and business unit to come to a resolution or recommendation.
- Complete special projects as needed.
- Be responsible for handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with a professional services organization or services operations
- Collaborating with a remote workforce
- Familiarity and experience with MS Office suite, accounting and billing systems.
- Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, team player and ability to multi-task.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to take initiative and follow through to completion.
- Attention to detail and ability to analyze, understand and summarize key issues
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Culver City-California-United States of America