The Large and Medium Law Firm Sales Executive is responsible for selling WestlawNext and other NAL products, to the legal community within an assigned territory. Individual leverages his/her expert consultative sales approach and honed professional demeanor to effectively manage complex relationships, while capitalizing on opportunities within Large and Medium Law accounts. This is accomplished through an in-depth understanding of West products, sales techniques appropriate for a long sales cycle and the needs of the legal profession in order to bundle information solutions to meet broad firm needs.
- Investigates customer needs in order to build a comprehensive understanding of issues/concerns; Uses effective relationship building skills as a strategy for dealing with customers; is focused on the big picture and business perspective when making decisions and taking action.
- Demonstrates excellent ability to identify alternatives to penetrate an account deeper, wider and farther; creates bundled product packages to meet client needs.
- Demonstrates high level of professional qualities and disposition that commands attention and respect from C-Level executives at Large Law firms; adapts smoothly to changing requirements and politicized issues.
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles to consistently build trust and confidence with users, key contacts, managers and executives at West's largest customer sites; communicates and interacts effectively with internal team members including Inside Sales, Client Managers, Regional management, and Account Executives to create high performing collaborative teams.
- Exhibits a deep knowledge of West products such as WestlawNext, add-ons and print, and other NAL products, as well as the legal profession and the legal publishing industry: Relishes on-going, self-initiated learning; assimilates new information quickly; welcomes feedback and applies knowledge to practical use on the job.
- Attains sales targets and quotas on a monthly basis
- Demonstrates the use of Large Law products to the customer
- Obtains and provides territory information regarding market intelligence and penetration
- Partners with Account Managers to identify the sales opportunities within each account and determine the most appropriate sales strategy
- Partners with internal team members such as inside sales, Account Managers and Product/Sales Specialists to achieve revenue goals
- Confers with and assists in customer-related issues, including collections and complaints, as needed to maintain good customer relations
- Completes weekly sales performance reports
- Attends sales meetings and conventions as required
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum 5 years successful sales experience in a consultative selling environment to C-level players
- 4 year college degree required
- Working knowledge of sales concepts, methods and techniques
- Ambitious self-starter with high energy and motivation
- Excellent communication skills and closing skills
- Effective time management skills
- Able to work from home office and travel to customer locations
- Proficient in MS Office/Internet
- Working knowledge of West products, experience selling into large law accounts, and strong knowledge and background in the legal profession and/or legal publishing industry required.
- High level of competency with regard to internet, periodical and internal prospecting.
- Proficient database management skills
- Law degree preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Washington-District of Columbia-United States of America