The Director of Global Project Management ensures the successful delivery of product implementations through project management skills and techniques in order to effect client satisfaction and drive revenue realization. Leading a global team of project managers through subordinate line managers, the Director is accountable to enable the team to:
- Partner with Services and Sales colleagues to scope client services
- Drive improvements specific to project management skills, services, processes, and tools
- Partner with Services, Support, Product, and Development colleagues to continuously improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the implementation methodology, and develop methodologies that may be used as sales differentiators
- Achieve business goals related to the team’s billable hours as well as partner with Services and Finance colleagues to minimize write-downs/offs, WIP, and AR balances
- Lead and develop a team of experienced project managers who are located in multiple countries in order to best serve our global customer base; ensure timely performance feedback and facilitate individual growth and development through a range of performance management activities (e.g., setting/tracking SMART goals and objectives, coaching for success/improvements, proactively managing performance problems).
- Oversee and conduct performance reviews.
- Provide guidance and leadership regarding staff development and career paths. Work with in-house training to develop or manage training curriculum to advance skill sets and cross-train staff to meet emerging and future business demands and needs.
- Successfully hire highly-skilled employees, as required per business demand.
- Ensure achievement of globally recognized Project Management certification for each team member.
- Enforce consistent use of Elite methodologies across all Elite and partner project managers.
- Serve as escalation point for Services colleagues related to project management skills, processes, and tools to ensure the delivery of profitable services engagements with high customer satisfaction ratings that meet revenue and billable hours goals.
- Develop strong partnerships with other Elite departments to ensure support as needed for successful delivery of projects.
- Drive Services scoping discussions with customers and internal teams; provides process and product insight and leadership that results in the definition of hours, assumptions and proposals of optimal solutions for both our customers and Elite.
- Partners with Sales to ensure that sales pipelines are well understood and that the Project Management team is prepared to respond to delivery needs; forecast servicing of projects and resource needs to correlate to sales and business demand.
- Plan and manage billable targets and drive actions to support Elite’s fiscal accountability. Drive refinement of the utilization model while satisfying project needs.
- Drives continuous improvement into the project delivery methodology with a goal of reducing project durations and cost while increasing quality and customer satisfaction levels; employ best-in-class project delivery methodologies that may be used as a sales differentiator.
- Encourages effective and constructive feedback mechanism within the team and across teams to consistently improve and reach higher levels of efficiency and performance.
- Partner with Product and Development to ensure timely delivery of product initiatives required for successful completion of customer projects; partner with Services teams and lead the development of work plans and service models to support product launches/releases.
- May provide hands-on project direction for a small number of key clients.
Preferred Qualifications and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, accounting or information technology or equivalent work experience required. An advanced degree or MBA is preferred. A PMI-PMP or other globally recognized project management certification..
- 15+ years of related project management experience with 5+ years of big-five or blue-chip consulting firm experience including progressive management responsibility with large scale global consulting teams with a proven track record of successful software consulting engagements; first-hand understanding of applicable project management concepts, strategies and techniques through direct project management of process improvement and software implementations.
- 10+ years of experience defining and selling consulting services.
- Prior experience with large ERP system implementations (e.g. SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards) with a minimum of 5 full life cycle implementations utilizing a recognized industry ERP implementation methodology.
- Prior client relationship management and experience consulting to senior management and/or law firms..
- Prior experience working with Product teams to develop work plans and service models for new product releases.
- Demonstrated experience developing or updating software implementation methodologies.
- Demonstrated project management team leadership, practice building, and mentoring/coaching skills with ability to adapt and lead through change and develop individuals to their optimal potential, including effective and timely management of low performers.
- Proficient in prioritizing tasks and balancing others’ workloads to meet project and business objectives.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including the ability to build relationships and effectively communicate and influence across all management and organizational levels both internally and externally; demonstrated relationship building skills across the Elite organization.
- Advanced PC skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project).
- Ability to travel approximately 50% of the time with some international travel.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Albuquerque-New Mexico-United States of America;Chicago-Illinois-United States of America;Culver City-California-United States of America;Bellevue-Washington-United States of America