Sr. Software Test Engineer
1. Design and code automation frameworks, functional tests and Junit tests to execute component, integration tests. Stay current with technologies and provide recommendations in the department.
2. Act as an advisor to senior management in identification of potential issues and projects risks and is prepared to discuss potential options for resolution. Investigate and resolve issues in development, test and production environments.
3. Coordinate with business users to determine requirements and translate them into technical design and test strategies with estimates and timelines.
4. Coach and mentor technical and process improvement to junior and peer employees.
5. Develop, and deliver programs to test software using Java, Groovy and Spring, and use testing frameworks like Selenium Webdriver, Sikuli and Spock. Execute and report on regression tests.
6. Code mock clients and mock services to test server based software with REST API’s, Spring, and XML-based technologies.
7. Code test frameworks including web application components using Flex and AngularJS and rest API’s using the Rest Assured framework.
8. Participate and use best agile practices (coordinate daily team stand ups, planning, triage bugs). Provide project status updates and solutions to business users and management.
A Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Information Technology, or related field followed by 3 years of experience in software engineering.
Experience must include the following, which may be gained concurrently:
1) 3 years of experience coding automation tests or similar in Java, Groovy, and Spring and XML-based technologies for functional and integration testing.
2) 3 years of experience using testing frameworks including Selenium, Spock, Rest Assured, mock clients and mock services.
3) 3 years of experience working in an agile software development environment providing project status updates and solutions to business users and management.
4) 2 years of experience acting as an advisor to senior management in identification of potential issues, projects risks and discussing potential options for resolution; investigating and resolving issues in development, test and production environments.
5) 2 years of experience designing and coding automation frameworks.
6) 2 years of experience coordinating with business users to determine requirements and translate them into technical designs and test strategies with estimates and timelines.
7) 2 years of experience guiding and mentoring technical and process improvement to junior and peer employees.
Job site: West Publishing Corporation, 610 Opperman Dr., Eagan, MN 55123. Full-time.
JOB OPPORTUNITY QUALIFIES FOR EMPLOYEE INCENTIVE REFERRAL PROGRAM.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.