The Manager, Legal Event Planning will define, scope, and manage large, complex meetings and events while working with senior management to ensure business objectives are achieved. Strategize with internal clients, colleagues and customers within the Legal business identifying opportunities to achieve department and company strategic objectives and goals, share knowledge/best practices across Legal events, build and lead effective event planning teams. Meetings and events involve increased visibility with senior management and requires a high level of detailed planning. The role will manage the program/event process end-to-end, including managing a range of third party relationships. Seek leveraging opportunities, both in knowledge and cost, to enhance the strength of the corporate message, vision and brand.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Domain expertise and working in complex organization to develop and execute flawless event experiences.
- Superior collaboration skills and ability to operate and navigate through potentially competing priorities.
- Communicate proposals, agendas, and budgets to event/program stakeholder for review and approval.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, including senior level executives.
- Collaborate with Global Creative Services and event/program stakeholder to ensure creative execution of meetings/events.
- Participate in strategy and advisory meetings, as necessary.
- Partner with various departments, external vendors and associations to plan and execute meetings/events.
- Strategize the Legal event plans and overall budget to maximize effectiveness.
- Manage event panning resources and on-site staff including performance/development opportunities, feedback, mentoring and coaching, recruitment and hiring when necessary.
- Supervise, direct and coordinate team activities; demonstrated ability to effectively communicate vision to motivate employees, creating a high-performing and collaborative environment
- Establish policies and procedures, recommend changes, and ensure consistency and appropriate application.
- Manage and develop individuals and teams around event planning.
- Coordinate Event Planning staff workload and work schedule distribution.
- Market department services and functions to other areas of the company.
- Oversee negotiations and drive cost reductions in event services relative to: site contracts, food and beverage, ground transportation, production and destination companies.
- Work through realignment of Event Planning, and provide leadership to assess current state, envision future state and work through a process of change management (people, process, etc.).
- Conduct regular research and evaluate market trends in providing up-to-date event planning strategies, technologies and destinations.
- Complete other projects and assignments as assigned.
- Responsible for coordination and creation of event websites and all attendee registrations.
- BA or BS degree preferred. Equivalent applicable experience may be considered.
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP), preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, complex and dynamic environment.
- Excellent technology and software skills.
- Experience with budget management, financial tracking and contract negotiations.
- Solid experience with logistics involved with event planning and ability to drive and manage projects to the satisfaction of multiple stakeholders.
- 5+ years of experience successfully planning and executing high-level corporate meetings.
- 2+ years of management experience.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Access).
- Demonstrated negotiation skills and vendor management in the hospitality/trade show industry.
- Global destination knowledge
- Excellent client management skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management, co-workers and customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong financial acumen, including solid analytical, judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ability to clearly establish objectives and delegate effectively.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Superior leadership, motivation and mentoring skills.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Ability to recognize and suggest process improvements.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to resolve problems under pressure.
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated background managing and leading complex events projects in a highly matrix, multiple stakeholder environment.
- Strong change management skills; can transform organizational approach from logistical to strategic
- Ability to travel frequently (up to 40%), including weekends; flexible approach to working hours.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America