The Senior Director of Marketing for Small Law Firms at Thomson Reuters Legal will drive cutting-edge segment and channel marketing strategies while leveraging evolving digital and demand generation assets to drive new sales and upsells of key products and customer sub-segments. The successful candidate will build and maintain a high-performance culture through effective performance management, communication, and coaching of staff. This role will report to the Vice President of Small Law Product Marketing.
- Leads a team of marketing professionals and is accountable for ensuring the execution of marketing activities directed at driving new sales and upsells of key products and customer subsegments.
- Drives the development and implementation of cohesive strategic marketing activities and tactical plans that are measurable while holding one-self and team accountable for results.
- Develops strategic marketing plans through market research analysis, competitive analysis, customer engagement, and business planning.
- Gains commitment and guides implementation of marketing plans to ensure delivery of expected results.
- Ensures marketing program deliverables demonstrate value and a return on investment, as well as meet our strategic requirements and quality standards.
- Develop strategies to meet competitive threats and/or achieve competitive advantage.
- Develop/promote marketing best practice across business or other Marketing teams and encourage greater interaction/dialogue between the business unit, channel and other Marketing teams.
- Manages a team and has overall responsibility for building and maintaining a high-performance culture through effective performance management, communication and coaching of staff.
Scope & Impact
- Lead and motivate a team of 12+ marketing professionals.
- Responsible for creating and executing the marketing strategy: particularly new customer acquisition, upsell and cross-sell of key legal products like Westlaw, Practical Law and Firm Central.
- Participate on the Small Law Segment leadership team to influence strategic direction for growth
- Collaborate effectively across the business, especially with the channel and other business partners in the United States and globally.
- Develop the marketing budget, including budget allocations. Manage marketing budget to effectively meet revenue targets
Technical / Professional Skills & Competencies
- College degree required, MBA or JD a plus
- 10-15 years of experience
- Proven track record of leading successful marketing teams and utilizing Demand Generation, Digital, Thought Leadership and Channel collaboration to drive sales.
- Must have proven experience working across a complex organization and collaborating and influencing other individuals.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills as well as experience working with and presenting to senior leaders.
- Excellent organizational / project management skills working with multiple groups across geographies and cultures.
- In-depth knowledge of how to reach professional and/or consumer customer segments.
- Experience using Social strategies, eCommerce and digital to extend reach beyond traditional in-person and telephonic channels
Relationships: Internal / External
- Must build and maintain relationships externally (trade associations, vendors, and strategic partners) and internal colleagues across Thomson Reuters including management, service, sales and finance teams.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America