Thomson Reuters is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer - Support to join our core legal technologies product development team in the MSP metro area. We are looking for an individual that wants to be part of a highly dynamic team supporting an award winning, next generation, e-Discovery SaaS application. You'll be part of a tight-knit, supportive, creative, collaborative community where we're all passionate about building great user experiences, learning new skills and techniques, and doing the right thing.
Successful candidates will typically have strong analytical and organizational skills, a positive ‘can do’ attitude, the ability to work within a fast paced environment with tight timelines supporting clients, excellent troubleshooting, investigation and problem solving skills, a technical background to bridge the gap between our core feature development teams and the end user, and a collaborative team first spirit. Large-scale systems experience is highly desirable.
- Learn and fully understand the technical implementation of the e-Discovery Point (eDP) product from both an end-user and developer perspective.
- Lead escalations and other client relationship management initiatives at a hands-on level.
- Remain aware of new product developments within eDP and provide tactical direction to our business on recommendations to overcome support and customer service challenges.
- Triage/Review support issues in the tracking system and take appropriate action to lead resolution to issues. Ensure that all tickets are updated with information in a timely manner.
- Participate in rotational monthly Production release checkout processes. This includes prep meetings required to outline the monthly plan, break fix verification, new feature rollout and hotfix application.
- Maintain a flexible schedule in accordance with the needs of the client support role. Occasional after hours and weekend work to drive items to closure.
- Participate in rotational established support off-hours coverage via on call model.
- Maintain a mindset of continuous improvement focused on the customer experience, ensuring high customer satisfaction and retention.
- Coordinate with and follow up with other internal operations, development and customer support services teams to ensure issue resolution and customers satisfaction.
- Collaborate with Feature Team Coaches to integrate support items back into the main development work stream.
- Work with the team Lead to develop and implement new processes that will drive efficiencies and elevate standards in our fast growth, high demand customer centric environment.
- Work with the team Lead to ensure that high quality, up to date, documentation on support solutions is created and maintained.
- Work with the team Lead on the creation of regular status reports to leadership and other project stakeholders as required.
- Manage and report established scorecard metrics including but not limited to response time, resolution time, closure time, and client satisfaction.
- Perform root cause analysis and implement solutions to prevent recurring issues, inquiries and requests within the support team and with the Feature Teams.
- Understand all aspects of an Agile software development process including: design, programming, testing, documentation, quality assurance and implementation.
- 3+ years in a software developer role with SaaS based enterprise applications highly desired.
- 2+ years experience working in the e-Discovery market in a technical position preferred.
- 2+ years experience with Oracle and/or SQL DBMS highly desired.
- Excellent troubleshooting and investigation skills.
- An energetic self-starter who is comfortable in a team-oriented environment including the ability to clearly articulate daily accomplishments and blocking issues.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to collaborate toward the resolution of complex problems with little oversight.
- Hands on working knowledge of the electronic document review process, data processing and productions.
- Previous experience working in Agile/Scrum development methodologies.
Education Requirements and Desired Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
- Working experience in Enterprise Technical Support at the Developer level
- Experience with Agile software development practices
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America