The Implementation consultant is responsible for providing high quality consulting and training services to a wide range of client users and maintains a current and in-depth knowledge of the functional and feature characteristics of Thomson Reuters Elite products. The Implementation consultant uses their professional services expertise in legal practice management software systems (billing, financial management, multi currency/company, third party interfaces, and reporting) to provide best practice recommendations and consulting services.
- Provide billable consulting services to Elite 3E clients in the form of configuration, classroom training, process and solutions design, onsite assistance with user acceptance testing, go live, month end.
- Provide consulting services on General Ledger, Financial Reporting (Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet) and translating how accounting requirements can be implemented in the software. Confidence to converse with CFO, Finance Managers and Finance Teams on how to configure transactions posting from subsystems to the GL, multicurrency configuration and FX revaluations, GL allocations, bank reconciliation, GL balancing and financial report writing.
- Lead the definition of functional requirements for assigned projects and work with project management and technical services to translate requirements into specific plans and tasks in line with methodology
- Actively pursue issue resolution and communicate project issues to stakeholders
- Configure, test, document and deploy projects to client systems by directly communicating with clients and project team
- Deliver projects within scope according to budget and schedule
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, accounting or information technology or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Legal practice management software system implementations preferred (Elite Enterprise, Elite 3E or similar). Experience with ERP system implementations (SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards) with a focus on financial modules (billing, collections, GL, AP) considered.
- Strong experience in General Ledger, Financial Report Writing and understanding of accounting principles. Experience as Systems Accountant or similar would be beneficial.
- Proven analytical and process design skills, including problem solving, quantitative reasoning, workflow process definition/design/modeling
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills and a willingness to be hands on to ensure timely project completion with proficiency in prioritising tasks and balancing workload to meet project objectives
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written skills with the ability to communicate intricate technical and procedural matters to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships across the organisation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio or similar tools
- Ability to travel approximately 80%-90% of the time
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Pyrmont-New South Wales-Australia