Client Representative – Large & Midsize Law Firm Sales
The role of the Client Representative is to increase revenue, usage and customer preference for Thomson West products, especially Westlaw. The Client Representative will provide support to Client Managers and Product Specialists by teaming on new and ancillary sales, special offers and up-selling opportunities.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Demonstrates strong customer relationship skills by cultivating, maintaining, and engaging customers on Thomson Reuters and Westlaw products in order to promote usage and revenue growth objectives; makes customers and their interests a primary focus of one’s actions.
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods necessary for Large & Midsize Law firms in order to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients. Partners with field sales/product specialists to meet territory goals.
- Desires and acquires knowledge within a specialized practice area in order to effectively understand the overall needs of the customer
- Exhibits a positive service aptitude, and can identify opportunities within accounts; understands competitor products and builds effective relationships and product solutions to build preference for Thomson Reuters products
- Relishes ongoing, self-initiated learning; assimilates new information quickly, welcomes feedback and applies knowledge to practical use on the job.
- Provides product training and demonstrations for existing and/or potential customers through customer visits, online training and/or trade shows.
- Works with Client Managers, Sales Executives and Regional Management in achieving regional and divisional goals
- Builds strong relationships within accounts to help identify opportunities for up-selling and new products sales.
- Assist in developing, marketing, and conducting training classes at customer locations
- Assist in other marketing efforts, including trade shows, topical seminars, and new product releases
- Partners with Education Training Managers, Marketing, Sales Executives and Legal Technology Specialists in order to create successful communication, education and training on Westlaw products.
- J.D. degree required
- Strong communication, presentation and Westlaw legal research skills
- Customer service orientation and experience
- Sales experience and aptitude a plus
- Proficient in MS Office/internet
- Legal practice experience preferred
- Ability to travel occasionally to sales training, meetings and to customer locations
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Chicago-Illinois-United States of America