Role – News Publishing Specialist
Location – Bangalore
We are looking for a multimedia journalist to join the 24X7 news operation of Reuters.
The world’s leading and most credible multimedia news agency publishes thousands of stories a day, and the journalists we seek will be responsible for packaging those stories with video, photos and other content, and publishing them to Reuters.com websites, our apps and to the terminals that our financial clients from market traders to fund managers rely on to make fast and crucial trading decisions.
The successful candidate must have great editing skills and strong news judgment to juggle, select and package from the hundreds of news stories hitting the wires every hour. Other than managing the websites and top news pages, the publisher will work closely with Reuters' main editorial services in deciding what our top stories are, and how we should present them to millions of readers.
Here is the profile we're looking for and that we are looking to build in our online producers and news publishing specialists:
- You know news when you see it, and you know how to prioritize dozens of stories that are competing for attention in limited spaces.
- If you are filing stories to our website and apps, you know how to balance the needs of our public reading audience, and can select the strongest general and business news stories of the day. If you are filing to our professional terminal service, you can reimagine the presentation of that news for sophisticated financial industry subscribers who rely on us to make large and fast trading decisions.
- You know how to rewrite headlines, news leads and captions to suit these different audience requirements.
- You read the news of the world daily from a variety of news sources and know the main headlines of the day in world business and finance
- You have a commitment to ethical journalism and a desire to suspend bias in favor of facts and a spirit of inquiry.
- You can master the often daunting challenge of finding photographs that properly illustrate stories, and are aware of the pitfalls associated with matching inappropriate images to news stories.
- You have at least one year experience on an editing desk or publishing team, covering financial news.
- You are a quick learner and adopter of new technologies.
- You can work evening and night shifts as well as day shifts in a rotation that changes every few weeks.
- Some knowledge/interest in financial reporting would be a plus
- A knowledge of packaging tools such as Adobe InDesign, MS Publisher, QuarkXpress, HTML, etc will also come in handy
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.