Thomson Reuters Technology team in Eagan, MN is seeking a highly-motivated Lead Software Quality Engineer with strong technical acumen who is passionate about delivering quality cloud-based products to our customers. Our Technology team works in a cutting-edge and fast-paced environment building large-scale systems and solutions for the Legal market. We seek a results-driven, team-oriented, self-motivated technical leader who combines exceptional software quality credentials with a high degree of business acumen to lead our Quality/DevOps efforts for our cloud native, web-based applications, SaaS solutions and products.
- Establish a culture for quality; Provide guidance and influence improvements on the build-in of quality (both in lack of bugs and “design” quality as in “the software is useful”) and uptime/resilience/reliability of the software.
- Evangelize a DevOps/Agile Mindset across a large program made up of several teams, with ability to mentor and influence others in best practices for Continuous Delivery & Continuous Improvement.
- Recommend Automation strategies to support successful delivery of customer value.
- Technical leader that keeps up to date on quality/DevOps best practices and drives improvements on the software project teams.
- Accountable for overall end-to-end quality strategy throughout the development life cycle.
- Design & develop the testing strategy including robust automation frameworks that support continuous delivery in a cloud native application environment.
- Develop & provide routine reporting/analysis of quality/customer experience metrics that can provide early and frequent feedback loops across the full delivery pipeline (build, deploy, and thru post production)
- Ensure code quality, leveragability, scalability (performance & scale tests), maintainability (cyclomatic complexity), and product integration quality.
- Collaborate & Communicate closely with all stakeholders and project leaders, influencing for change as necessary.
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in one or more programming languages, software engineering methodologies, and software quality tools:
- Automation: Selenium, Docker Container;
- Groovy, Java 8, Spring;
- jUnit/Spock; SQL (Amazon Aurora); ElasticSearch; Gradle;
- IntelliJ IDE; GIT repository; TFS for task management
- AWS, Azure, or similar
- Micro-service architecture
- Distributed logging, distributed data stores
- Prior experience in creating Quality Strategy and setting Quality direction to ensure product quality over the life of the project, including product integration activities is highly desired.
- Ability to create and analyze metrics around quality on the project and gather the data to be shared.
- Prior experience with developing testing automation frameworks for large scale web or SaaS applications.
- Understanding of security best practices for cloud native/web development.
- Experience with Agile software development practices and DevOps.
- Continuous learner; Keeps up to date on quality/DevOps best practices and drives improvements.
- Strong technical aptitude and experience with the software tools and techniques used in software development and automated testing.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into test strategy; define testing tasks and provide estimates in agile development environment for integration and end-to-end quality.
- Positively engages with QA teams across departments to lead automation initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence and build solid relationships with team members.
- Ability to present ideas and document artifacts to business, technology and executive audiences.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience required. Computer Science degree preferred.
- 5+ years of related experience.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America