- We are looking for a Senior Business Development Manager to drive sales and develop a market for Practical Law, a newly launched in Australia legal know-how solution. We help lawyers practice more efficiently, deliver greater value to clients and reduce outside spend, and target key decision makers across blue chip corporates and leading professional services organizations, as well as government sectors. Already a market leading solution globally, this is an opportunity to carve a new market.
This role will be specifically focused on the corporate, in-house legal market, and your key priorities will be new business development and building increasing value within the client base to achieve overall revenue targets. You will attain these results by proactively engaging with new whitespace clients and by working with our wider sales and leadership team to develop close relationships with prospects and customers to understand their business and provide them with a targeted solution.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate strong, proactive, new business development experience, together with solution selling and consultative sales experience, including demonstrated experience managing long sales cycles. Ideally you have experience in the legal industry as well, although this is not essential. You will require a real passion for sales, a personal drive for success and a strong determination to achieve your objectives.
- Additional Job Description
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a professional field sales or business development role
- Legal qualifications preferred, and/or experience working in the legal market
- Demonstrated understanding of the in-house legal market preferred
- Demonstrated track record of success in meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Strong experience in B2B and/or enterprise sales
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, presentation and consultative sales skills
- Customer centric approach
- Commercial acumen and ability to identify opportunities to cross sell solutions
- Ability to partner effectively with the wider sales team
- Team player with a positive approach
- Flexible attitude and capable of hands-on problem solving, with ability to generate new ideas and solutions
- Good organizational and time management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to travel to sales training, meetings and customer locations. Overnight travel required.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Pyrmont-New South Wales-Australia