Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities :
- Work on tasks, incidents and projects per approved change window and architectural guidelines
- Providing technical and procedural consistency within the team
- Contributes to initiatives for improving recovery times
- Adheres to the implementation process ensuring all aspects of operability are delivered whiles ensuring that existing service levels are maintained or improved.
- Configure and solve problems on the network that supports connectivity to the business' applications.
- Produce detailed implementation instructions or carry out required changes to complete tasks/projects, resolve incidents/problems, and for changes/improvements
- Update/maintain all documentation requested by management and will be tasked with improving such documentation as required.
- Provide problem management by investigating the root cause of incidents and suggesting resolution options
Technical Skills :
- Hands-on experience with Cisco nexus routers/switches, Catalyst 2811, 7600, 6500, 7200 including executing changes
- 2 -to- 4+ yrs experience on switching (e.g. Catalyst 2811, 7600, 6500, 7200/6500 switches) and routing (e.g. Cisco Nexus routers), firewalls (e.g. Check Point/Palo Alto/Netscreen firewall devices) and load balancing (e.g F5/Cisco ACE) with minimum supervision
- Knowledge of Cisco routers, switches, Provider-1; EIGRP/BGP/VRF routing concepts, Fabric Path, IP/ARP/MAC/Spanning-tree issues and configurations, troubleshooting VLAN or physical connectivity for servers and other devices, troubleshooting Cisco access-list, NAT issues.
- Knowledge of carrier technologies e.g. Ethernet services, point to multipoint connectivity as well as the ability to work with carriers for problem solving purposes.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols, flags and be able to solve connectivity issues using Wireshark/Tcpdump/snoop.
- Able to learn and use network engagement tools and systems such as OPNET, CiscoWorks, HP-NA(Opsware), Sevone, and Netflow
Required Skills :
- Practical experience of opening tickets and providing support with production outages
- Experience in coordinating upgrades and changes with business entities and other technology infrastructure groups
- Responsible for gathering/coordinating resources from other technology teams when necessary to complete project deadlines
- Experience of monitoring an incident queue and taking ownership of issues needing resolution
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Independent-thinker and self-starter, who still can work well within team environment.
- Knowledge of ITIL service management framework.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Experience in one or more large technical environments, high complexity environments, or highly specialized environments.
- Experience working experience in multi culture environment with focus on customers, team work and driving results.
Desired Skills :
- Knowledge of Financial markets technology an advantage
- Exposure to ISO 9001, ISO 27001 an advantage.
- Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
Technical Certification :
- CCNA, CCNP, CCSE, CCSA certification an advantage.
Working Hours :
- Rotational shift (including weekends and night shift) but majority of shifts
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.