Thomson Reuters Financial & Risk division is looking to add a Senior Business Analyst to the expanding Risk Technology team in our Nottingham, UK office. This challenging position requires someone to think independently, and work well with others. This is a chance to get in and make an immediate impact on our new and expanding product portfolio. It is an opportunity to work for a great company with smart people on large systems that are used by some of the largest enterprises worldwide.
As a Business Analyst, you should have the ability to deliver high-quality work, on time, while collaborating and brainstorming with other creative, knowledgeable and dedicated colleagues in a dynamic, high-energy environment. Strong planning, organization and time management skills are key along with the ability to handle multiple complex projects at any one time.
Main Responsibilities :
• Review, recommend and implement automation framework in all aspects of software delivery
• Drive change across the team to embrace the automation framework.
• Ongoing review, enhancement and development of software delivery automation framework
• Convert the source code repository from SVN to Git
• Collaborate with application architects to design, implement and build an automated deployment solution
• Collaborate with QA Teams to integrate application test automatation
• Work actively within the infrastructure team to introduce deployment and application monitoring
• Collaborate with the application and operations teams to automate release notes and the distribution of client builds
• Assist in the maintenance and improvement of the internal automated development process
• Add value to the process and suggest best practice improvements
Essential Skills/Experience Required:
• Bachelors Degree in Technical or Business Discipline required, with 5 years related experience or equivalent
• Proven ability to quickly learn new business domains
• Strong communication, analysis and problem solving skills
• Excellent writing skills
• Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
Desired Skills/Experience Required:
• Understanding of Agile methodologies
• Able to elicit and translate business requirements as Epics and User Stories that are easy to understand, foster innovation and represent the value to the customer.
• Awareness of principles of usability and user experience
• Experience of working with remote teams
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.