- The Senior Specialist evaluates training needs and participates in the development and delivery of training materials,
- Will conduct operational activities and perform training of customers from board levels to general staff and internal trainers
- Senior Trainers are responsible to provide agendas or at minimum validate agendas, training programs, materials and presentations
- Provide formal coaching to customer staff with pre-identified objectives and measurable outcomes
- Develop and mentor junior trainers
- Link training function and activities to customers strategy, vision and mission
- Identify and disseminate cutting edge practices in training/professional development/education
- Cross cover Senior Training Specialists
- Proven classroom training skills or public speaking skills
- May design/deliver specialized training depending on customers need and attendees area(s) of expertise.
- Follow up with customer to assess further needs, and outcomes of training
- Provide reports and updates to manager on all in process and completed training activities in a timely manner.
- Contribute to visits for prospective and existing customers. Maintain effective relationship with customers and partners.
- Provide field customer support for pre-sales evaluations and proposals
- Manage projects and training initiatives. Able to draft policies and documents or provide strategic insight to clients
- Publish materials, in blogs, professional networks, leading industry magazines, attend and speak to conferences to maximize the company exposure
- CAMS or CFE certification would be a plus
- English - Arabic would be a plus
- Highly competent in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, excellent writing skills
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Dubai-United Arab Emirates