We have an exciting new opportunity within FP&A EPO Finance to manage our Hyperion development team and the Hyperion suite of applications.
This role will lead our global development team, providing technical guidance and managing day-to-day development activities, including design, analysis, application development, code review, delivery and support, to a high standard of quality.
The ideal candidate will have managerial skills in addition to development experience with the Hyperion Planning suite of applications. The candidate must be able to work under pressure to resolve all Hyperion and Essbase related issues.
The candidate will have exposure to senior management in finance so an understanding of financial concepts, the ability to translate them into Hyperion application design, and strong communication skills are required.
- 6-8 years relevant experience in the implementation of financial planning and reporting applications using the Oracle Hyperion EPM application suite, with at least 2-4 years as a team lead.
- Manage global development teams located in two different geographies.
- Manage Hyperion Planning implementations. This includes understanding of functional requirements, application design, development of artifacts, performance tuning, QA and deployment.
- Provide quality oversight to multiple development and support initiatives.
- Implement and help to ensure adherence to system architecture standards, methodology, policies.
- Lead the development of application artifacts such as data integration objects, outlines, calculation scripts, business rules, rules files, partitions, MAXL, Batch, and other scripting languages.
- Manage the documentation of application changes.
- Manage application tuning and optimization activities to provide optimum performance for applications.
- Troubleshoot and interface with infrastructure support and business users to quickly resolve various types of Production issues including outages, performance and end user.
- Manage development of UX objects: Planning forms, task lists, Financial Reporting, Smart View ad hoc reports, and security strategy.
- Manage effective communications with the wider team on the status of changes as well as applications.
- Ability to work independently as needed.
- Strong team player with a 'can-do' attitude.
- Experience in defining systems, developing systems requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures, and implementing practical business solutions under multiple deadlines.
- Experience with Hyperion Planning and Hyperion Essbase in development role.
- Deep functional and technical knowledge around financial systems and processes.
- Strong understanding of Cube and Relational database structures, theories, principles and practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to relate to all levels of management.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to translate requirements into design and subsequent solution build.
- Able to create technical documentation and lead knowledge transfer.
- Aptitude for continuous improvement and help with business process re-design.
- Ability to track and complete multiple requests with conflicting priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a large team setting.
- Strong Accounting or Finance Industry experience.
- Knowledge of Windows and Unix operating systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle database platforms.
- Experience in ETL tools such as Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) or Oracle Data Integrator (ODI).
- Proficiency with MS Office products, specifically advanced Excel and Access skills and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
- Working knowledge of Oracle DRM and integration with Hyperion Planning.
- Working knowledge of scheduling tools such as ESP (CA Workstation), Windows Task Scheduler, Unix Crontab.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Management Information Systems, Accounting, Finance/Management, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related IT discipline
- Advanced degree preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.