Create legal workflow products and enhancements that improve the customer experience in ways that generate substantial new revenue for Thomson Reuters.
- Develop and evaluate innovative new solutions that improve customer workflows and generate substantial new revenue.
- Ensure that business requirements, product designs and team performance are consistently excellent.
- Perform and analyze customer research to validate, prioritize, and hone new product concepts.
- Assist with the investigation and development of cost estimates and business cases for large capital investments.
- Participate in cross-functional product development teams to deliver new features and enhancements, including software development, R&D, finance, marketing, and customer service operations.
- Manage the development process through business case milestones, evaluating progress, identifying and mitigating risks, and responding accordingly.
- Support product launch and ongoing sales efforts with conference presentations, customer visits, and other forms of customer support.
- Provide product oversight, including troubleshooting and quality assurance testing of new products and enhancements.
- Monitor performance of new products and enhancements through customer usage and revenue tracking.
- Ability to coordinate with a small team of product development professionals to ensure on-time, on-budget and complete project delivery.
- Coordinate with product developers from across departments to create strategic, integrated product lines.
- JD preferred
- 5+ years of experience in product development, product management, or related software development or design.
- Substantial knowledge of the legal industry and needs of practicing attorneys
- Ability to transform business objectives and new product strategies into actionable plans and accountabilities
- Finding creative solutions to problems
- Strong negotiating skills: ability to engage other stakeholders not under direct management to cooperate on a new course of action
- Strong project management skills including overall project planning and ability to drive cross-functional, cross-department teams to accomplish established objectives within tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate complex issues, particularly in a group setting
- Ability to effectively handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a quickly changing environment
- Technical aptitude with ability and desire to learn relevant new technologies
- Proven analytical skills, with attention to detail
- Knowledge of Web technologies, usability design principles
Up to 25% travel may be required.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America