The Technology Information Security Risk Management (ISRM) group protects the information assets of Thomson Reuters through managing risk, deploying effective security risk framework and ensuring regulatory compliance.
The Director, Information Security, is part of the F&R Business Leads team. This team is the liaison between the ISRM function and the Financial & Risk business unit. The Director role requires significant knowledge in both IT Security and the F&R business unit activities and operations and will focus primarily on the Eikon product. Eikon is a Thomson Reuters flagship product that serves the Financial Services industry and is of strategic importance to the firm. The Director, Information Security is responsible for understanding the business and supporting the overall strategy, assisting in the prioritization of IT Security related projects and ensuring alignment with the technology that best provides maximum value risk protection. A key aspect of this role will be to create trust and credibility with the Thomson Reuters Financial & Risk Business Unit by building an exceptional track record of delivering high quality, standardized solutions within committed timeframes and budgets.
- Expert and single point of accountability for Eikon portfolios of information security initiatives to support their business needs
- Primary interface, communication, and escalation channel between ISRM and the Eikon Business Unit
- Coordinating Eikon customer assurance queries with the central ISRM team
- Production of management reporting to demonstrate Eikon’s compliance with ISRM policy
- Establishes clear priorities and executes strategies for successful fulfillment of information security related projects for Eikon with specific focus on their costs, benefits, and alignment with long-term strategies and resources
- Identifies opportunities and long-range security and risk improvement strategies within the business unit reports on progress for mutual success
- Including Pen Testing, Application Assurance, Application Certification and Education and Awareness programmes
- Facilitates engagement to identify projects that enable business development while ensuring the necessary security controls are in place
- Collaborates with the security architects to discuss potential solutions that match the business strategy with the technology Security Architecture strategy
- Liaises with external technology vendors
- Drives Service Level Agreements as needed
- Builds effective relationships and communications with the ISRM functions and the IT internal technology teams
- Stays abreast of industry trends in the business and information security and consults accordingly
- In addition to the primary responsibilities, the role would be involved in F&R wide initiatives that cover the strategic goals of ISRM, including participation in the ExCom actions initiatives and ad-hoc support for other BUs when needed.
- Degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Information Security or related field or equivalent experience; MBA preferred
- 10+ years of overall IT experience, with a majority of which in Information Security
- Proven experience and demonstrated success in technology leadership with emphasis on information security, infrastructure services, portfolio management or business systems.
- Strong, executive level oral and written communication skills with ability to understand technology sufficiently to clearly communicate the complexity in simple terms for key stakeholders
- Demonstrated success managing multiple, complex technology projects and leading project teams with a record of high customer satisfaction
- Results orientation with proven ability to mobilize and energize large, complex cross-functional teams to implement creative out of the box solutions
- Strong bias toward customer service and improving the overall customer experience
- Strong business acumen, leadership skills, with the ability to build relationships and influence all levels within an organization, most importantly at the senior executive level
- Proven ability to work with competing resources, budget limitations, and strong conflict management skills
- Proven ability to manage large, unstructured issues, organizing them into solvable, prioritized projects designed to meet over-arching goals across the organization while leading multiple large, complex projects and working directly with customers
- Ability to present information in a variety of different formats and influences all levels of the organization, including senior executives
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to develop individuals to their optimal potential
- Some global travel is required for this position to build and maintain relationships and address critical support needs. Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time, occasionally on short notice
- Well versed in information security industry best practices
- CISSP, CRISC or CISM certification a plus
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.