• Perform remote installation and upgrade implementations tasks required by the contract to assure Thomson Reuters products are installed and working properly in the client’s environment.
• Prepare pre-installed product machines in staging house.
• Operate under little to no supervision.
• Require 2 or more years in system server and/or networking experience.
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
• Perform installations, upgrades and migrations of a mixture of complex and non-complex products using globally consistent methodologies remotely.
• Execute tasks outlined in project plans and agreements with customers.
• Liaise with customer IT departments to ensure optimal product installation and support.
• Drive potential product implementation issues to timely and successful resolution, minimizing and/or avoiding any customer impact.
• Maintain customer specific site documentation.
• Collaborate with support partners and product specialists to ensure product specialization and to provide feedback on product installability.
• Maintain awareness of relevant technical and product trends through self-learning/study, training classes and job shadowing.
• Work in a high pressure environment to deliver projects independently.
• Continually promote best practices and elevate issues accordingly.
• Log all incidents and time in tracking systems.
• Recreate client software issues in-house.
Scope & Impact:
• Activities will be performed remotely mainly.
• Works on large client with above 20 thousands staff.
• Subject Matter Expert on several complex products, and with knowledge about all products within his area.
• Usually serving a high number of countries.
• Low level of supervision needed.
1. Hands-on experience with Windows Server, Linux and Solaris OS.
2. Solid understanding of networking fundamentals, like TCP/IP, switching, routing etc.
3. Hands-on experience with enterprise hardware, like HP ProLiant servers, Cisco Catalyst switches.
4. Good spoken and written English.
5. Fluent spoken and written Korean/Japanese/Cantonese will be preferred.
• Multi-tasked, able to succeed in a mission critical environment.
• Able to work with virtual teams to successfully deliver projects.
• Able to communicate and negotiate effectively with various internal and external stake holders.
• Logical thinker/problem solver who is self motivated and a strong contributor within a team.
• Excellent knowledge of key areas including operating systems, networking technologies, security standards.
• Excellent knowledge of particular area of Thomson Reuters technology and products.
• Problem management, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
• Ability to work with virtual teams to successfully deliver projects or resolutions to escalations.
• Medium level knowledge of financial markets.
• Independent worker with excellent time management and escalation skills, and able to work through crisis situations.
• RHCE, CCNA , CCNP or CCIE is a plus.
• Bachelors’ degree in information technology or equivalent experience. Educational background should include knowledge of computers.
• More than 2 years real world customer deployment experience.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.