Are you passionate about fixing complex technical issues?
Does working in rapidly changing environment excite you?
Does working as part of a global team interest you?
We’re interested in working with you!
Thomson Reuters is seeking a senior network engineer with strong firewall experience to join our Second Level Support team in London to ensure our global datacenter estate remains world-class. You will work across a number of network technologies including firewalls, routers, switching and load balancing providing incident investigation and resolution as a part of global team.
- Work on tasks, incidents and projects throughout the Thomson Reuters datacenter networks observing approved change window and architectural guidelines
- Provide strong technical insight and resolution actions for incidents across the following hardware and software: Check Point, Palo Alto, Netscreen, F5, Cisco ACE, Cisco Nexus routers and switches,
- Collaborates across team to identify and execute on initiatives for driving down incident rates and working with first level support to improve service recovery times
- Follows process to ensure that all aspects of operability are delivered whiles ensuring that existing service levels are maintained or improved.
- Configure and troubleshoot the network that supports connectivity to the business' applications.
- Produce detailed implementation instructions and execute changes to complete required activities
- Develop and update network infrastructure documentation.
- Provides a sound level of technical and domain expertise relating to firewalls
- Collaborate with problem management in order to deliver high service levels by following up on root cause analysis and resolution of problems
- Hands-on experience with Cisco nexus routers/switches, Catalyst 2811, 7600, 6500, 7200 executing changes
- Extensive experience using Checkpoint technology, including experience in these fields of F5 LTM/GTM or Cisco ACE technologies
- Deep understanding and experience of using ITIL Incident and Change Management processes
- Ability to support weekend changes as required
- Able to learn and use network engagement tools and systems such as OPNET, CiscoWorks, HP-NA(Opsware), Sevone, and NetflowExcellent written and verbal communications; analytical and detail oriented
- Independent-thinker and self-starter, who still can work well within team environment.
- Good interpersonal skills and problem solving/decision making abilities.
- Experience of working in a multi-culture environment with focus on customers, collaboration and getting results.
- Ethernet services, point to multi-point connectivity as well as the ability to work with carriers for problem solving purposes.
- Cisco routers, switches, Provider-1; EIGRP/BGP/VRF routing concepts, Fabric Path, IP/ARP/MAC/Spanning-tree issues and configurations, troubleshooting VLAN or physical connectivity for servers and other devices, troubleshooting Cisco access-list, NAT issues.
- F5 GTM/LTM
- TCP/IP protocols, flags and be able to troubleshoot connectivity issues using Wireshark/Tcpdump/snoop.
- Knowledge of Financial markets technology
- Exposure to ISO 9001 and ISO 27001
- Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Cisco CCNP, Check Point CCSE, CCSA, F5-CTS certification an advantage.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.