As a highly competent and trusted Project Management Organization (PMO), the ET&O Operations PMO directly enables the acceleration of strategic, enterprise-wide initiatives encompassing the end-to-end project lifecycle. The PMO delivers project services through the implementation of standardized methodologies and tools, while being flexible to stakeholder needs and facilitating the achievement of desired business outcomes primarily related to technology-focused investment portfolios that deliver value to our businesses and customers.
The PMO is composed of professionals with deep industry experience in Business Analysis, Project Management, and Change Management. The PMO amplifies its value by bringing a wide and deep understanding of how the business and technology teams come together at Thomson Reuters.
We are growing and looking for project management professionals that enjoy working in exciting, fast-paced and collaborative environment where no two days are the same. The PMO prioritizes and invests in career development. We value a mix of experienced internal and external talent with diverse backgrounds to challenge the status quo and foster innovative ways of problem solving.
With broadly capable talent and efficient, effective processes, the PMO breaks down organizational silos, reduces critical risk factors, and builds enterprise capabilities that drive faster adoption of change and deliver greater business value to our customers. The critical programs impact the company’s operations, underlying platforms, infrastructure, and ways of working.
The PMO is seeking a high-energy, motivated individual who combines strong program and project management skills with business and technology acumen for the position of Program Manager. The primary function of this role will be supporting the delivery of strategic, enterprise-wide initiatives with primary focus on Customer Experience, Digital or other Transformations.
This role will work with staff within corporate technology and the business units to execute the vision. The role will be highly visible, and requires regular interaction with senior leadership.
Demonstrated experience delivering and managing integrating related projects with cross-functional requirements into a cohesive program through the entire lifecycle. In some cases these projects will have a degree of uncertainty.
- Actively leads all phases of the projects and program. Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the program and ensures stakeholders have information to make effective decisions
- Defines, communicates, and champions a method of working to deliver the organization’s objectives
- Defines and champions program governance to ensure there is sufficient executive support and guidance
- Builds key relationships with all areas of the business to ensure the success of the program
- Maintains effective control, leadership and responsibility for the delivery of the program - including scope, schedule, budget, quality, and business value
- Develops and leads the process for dealing with rapid and/or major change
- Ensures the communication channels and processes are in place to notify key stakeholders so that plans can be amended and the necessary action taken
- Delivers programs to support Thomson Reuters' ability to achieve revenue targets in customer segments. Supports analysis and budget estimation activities that are used in business case planning and execution
- Leads the definition, delivery and deployment phases of the program utilizing best project management practices
- Optimizes assignment of resources across projects and makes recommendations as needed
- Establishes self as program management expert within the program
- Understands and incorporates best practices into programs managed in order to ensure successful delivery including: establishing appropriate tools and processes to meet program goals; influencing program sponsors to make the appropriate decisions and modifications in response to external influences on the program
- Facilitates transformation by challenging the status quo
- Effectively communicates complex ideas at multiple organizational levels and modifies personal approach and style to reflect changing circumstance
- Develops and maintains broad knowledge of related functional areas across the business
- Interacts with senior leadership, both one-to-one and through various committees
- Ensures appropriate visibility of progress, risks and issues to all levels of management, up to and including executive management
- Able to clearly communicate and influence by adapting style to reflect changing needs at all stakeholder levels
- Oversees and manages direct reports
- Minimum Bachelor degree in computer science, business, or related field
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive program/project management experience, including implementation programs of cross-functional projects in a technology or matrix organizational environment
- Project Management (PMP), Change Management (PROSCI) and Agile (Scrum Master, ACP) certifications highly desirable
- Demonstrated leading the planning, directing and implementing multiple and concurrent complex projects with cross-functional requirements where the definition could evolve or change during the program; on time, within budget and with desired functionality
- Demonstrated experience managing large teams through significant transformation with ambiguous scope and audacious vision
- Highly desirable: demonstrated experience working effectively with all levels of the organization; including staff, business stakeholders, and all levels of management.
- Driving change initiatives
- Interacting regularly with senior management and business stakeholders and eliciting cooperation from a wide variety of sources: senior leadership, management, business unit contacts, and technology teams
- Demonstrating strong conflict resolution, negotiating and influencing skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including working with senior management within technology and the business
- Knowledge of systems and their relation to business processes
- Experience with large multi-faced, system implementations in technology, Sales, Marketing, LTC or other business transformation programs is highly desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of Thomson Reuters, the market it competes in and its strategic objectives is highly desirable
- Ability to work in fast-paced, changing, and ambiguous environments.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America;St. Louis-Missouri-United States of America;St. Louis-Missouri-United States of America