The Product Specialist will leverage expertise in key products and customer workflow to drive retention, and increase usage to maximize customer satisfaction and loyalty. Current product focus will be centered on Practical Law and Practical Law Connect but may be adjusted based on new product releases and changing needs of the business. The ideal candidate for this role will be a flexible, self-starter willing to provide effective on-boarding support at both the organization and user level. The Product Specialist should provide customers with needs-based training and guidance on integrating the relevant product into their daily workflow. The role will encompass a mix of (1) individual customer on-boarding (2) paid trial support and (3) reactive response to incoming requests. Success is defined by on-boarding project completion, product adoption, and revenue retention.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Leverage your expert level product knowledge and customize each customer interaction at the user level to ensure that each user feels like they will receive a return on their product investment.
- Collecting customer testimonials regarding their satisfaction and success with the product.
- Achieve excellent customer satisfaction survey results including excellent Net Promoter Scores
- Utilize a “What Are You Working On Approach” to drive customer engagement and reinforce value, while being truly curious about each user and their day-to-day work life, and take that curiosity and learnings, combined with your expert level product knowledge, to create a truly customized customer experience. Lead with insights to engage customers and gain trust.
- Develop and maintain expert level understanding of corporate counsel attorney workflow.
- Minimize customer’s Time to First Value to increase overall retention
- Maintain or exceed program retention goals.
- Meet or exceed designated customer on-boarding contact completion rates through segment marketing campaigns and ad hoc assignments while driving retention of assigned products
- Execute at the individual user level to cultivate multiple power-user’s and product champions within an organization
- Probe for sales lead opportunities and pass along to appropriate channel partner.
- Outside of the on boarding timeframe, conduct ad hoc WAYWO and ROI customer sessions at time of pre-sale, when a strategic account may be at risk and during large scale structured trial situations. This work requires a flexible skill set to recognize where the customer is at in their journey with TR, understand our strategic goals for that customer and leverage your expert level product knowledge to achieve customer and business outcomes.
- Utilize creativity to solve customer and internal situations as they arise within the designated product segment
- Develop partnerships with internal business units
- Advocate for CST partnership within assigned partner regions
- Develop detailed handover forms back to channel partners at the end of on-boarding
- Actively participate in Segment and Product Development feedback sessions.
- Lead education, as needed, of CC Client Management department on Practical Law and Practical Law Connect
In order to be successful in attaining these goals, you will:
- Be Receptive to Change. Demonstrate an openness and willingness to change behavior in response to new insights and situations and be an Agile Learner. Demonstrate the ability to rapidly learn new knowledge and acquire new skills.
- Be Tenacious and Results Oriented by displaying resiliency in the face of adversity and always acting with the end goal and business objective in mind.
- Work with a focus on Partnership by building and maintaining positive and productive working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Be proactive. Always anticipating and preventing future problems, taking charge to bring about needed change, and taking initiative within your scope of responsibility.
- Prioritize. Self-direct your own activities and work through goal setting, time management and planning. Know what needs to be done first and act accordingly.
- Effectively negotiate. Explore all alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all customers, both internal and external.
- Be curious. Consistently demonstrate a curious mindset when working with customers and internal partners with a strategic approach to leverage the learning’s from that curiosity to drive the best customer and business outcomes.
- JD preferred
- Credible, engaging presentation skill in delivery of training via remote training technology
- Deep understanding of Corporate Counsel Attorney workflow
- Client Management or training experience strongly preferred
- Customer service orientation and experience
- Thomson Reuters product experience or awareness
- A self starter with the ability to work independently
- Successful history of working cross functionally with other departments
- Passion for technology
- Experienced with remote training technology i.e. WebEx, Webcast, remote access
- Ability to travel to customer locations and/or sales meetings if needed
- Strong telephone and in-person communication and presentation skills required
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America