- This role has great influence on customer satisfaction, providing professional and courteous customer service.
- Handles customer issues via phone, email or chat regarding technical issues with software, hardware, online or electronic products.
- Provides issue resolution ensuring that all the necessary action is taken to resolve a customer's issue.
- Provides customer training for a specific Tax & Accounting, Government software.
- Act as point of contact for escalated and more complex issues on product functionality.
- Acts as a subject matter expert
- May respond to issues regarding a specific or more complex product (e.g number of products, complex technologies) or a specific customer (customer size, higher revenue tied to customer, etc.)
- Training and coaching new team members on processes and procedures.
Major Responsibilities & Percent of work:
- In response to customer inquiries, consult and analyze with colleagues as well as customers to ensure that software systems meet functional specifications. Additional duties include testing and documenting procedures to ensure that customers are able to achieve desired outcomes with our software. All inquiries are relating to technical issues with software, online or electronic products where a variety of issues that are more complex and/or specialized in scope apply. Analyze, test and document all issues and requests within issue tracking system to ensure customer issue resolution or elevation to product development. Items elevated to product development require consulting with users to determine specifications. Resulting elevated items require design, modifications, testing and documentation of resulting changes – 30%
- Use analysis and judgment and exercises discretion in selecting methods and technique for obtaining solutions.
- Filter and escalate inquiries (e.g. technology, product development, etc.) as appropriate.
- Track inquiry resolution progress and where appropriate proactively call customers with a status update or resolution.
- Provide work direction to resolve an escalated customer inquiry.
- May act as an overall product contact and informs department of changes and necessary information to properly support a specific product line.
- Provide escalation support to junior level staff on complex technical escalations – 20%
- Provide software installations, upgrades and training to client as required (may require travel) – 15%
- Work with development to identify and QA test bug fixes and assist QA with software testing depending on product – 15%
- Review or create release notes and other documentation for software applications – 10%
- Assist Business Analysts, Account Managers or Project Managers with implementation/conversion projects (may require travel) – 5%
- Assist new team members in learning the processes and procedures required to deliver excellent customer service. May develop and facilitate training programs. Coaches and mentors junior analysts. – 5%
- Travel may be required (10-20%)
- Degree, plus a min of three years related technical experience
- Database experience, SQL
- Report writing software experience
- Ticket tracking software experience
- Government tax knowledge preferred
- Ability to gain a deep understanding of Tax & Accounting - Government products and understanding of the markets they serve.
- The ability and the desire to continue to expand their knowledge of Thomson Reuters products to a high level in the designated product and market specialty arena.
- Experience in a customer services or contact center environment required.
- Must have the technical aptitude to learn, apply and solve technological solutions and/or challenges.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with customers and colleagues with all levels of technical and non-technical skill sets in a professional manner under all circumstances
- Critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to handle a heavy and challenging workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong product knowledge of a specific set of products or broad knowledge for a specific set of customers.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America