Product Manager, Practical Law
The Product Manager, Practical Law is charged with supporting the identification and execution of product management projects that align with the Practical Law business objectives.
The Product Manager will support a number of initiatives including overall product development, whitespace analysis and go-to-market / commercial policy. The Product Manager partners closely with Practical Law Editorial, other product and editorial teams, product and segment marketing and the sales channels to assist in the formulation and implementation of product management projects.
- Conduct or participate in market and competitive analysis in order to drive the creation and positioning of propositions, products, or services
- Support definition and communication of features and benefits/key selling points and competitive positioning to key stakeholders
- Create proposals or business cases to obtain approval for project and gain support for new propositions, products, or services.
- Participate in cross-functional meetings in order to create and support go-to-market plans for new products and enhancements; increase penetration of white space opportunities; and support marketing campaigns and sales channel training.
- Support customer facing teams in client engagement and retention activities
- Represent product management in sales and marketing environments; including providing product demos to various stakeholders
- Support the creation of presentations for the executive leadership team and other internal stakeholders that summarize the Practical Law product roadmap, growth initiatives and process improvements.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the company’s propositions, products, or services and industry trends.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required; JD or MBA preferred.
- 4+ years of relevant or combined experience in product management or legal industry.
- Knowledge of the legal industry and needs of practicing attorneys. Experience with Practical Law and a deep understanding and knowledge of know how content preferred .
- Experience developing clear, concise and compelling presentations (PowerPoint).
- Complex problem solving.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a quickly changing environment.
- Ability to understand and interpret fundamental workings and trends within a target industry.
- Ability to understand and apply technology to product development. Proficiency in product commercialization and marketing.
- Ability to drive a direct and indirect team to execute product strategy. Superior demonstrated client service skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Project management and influencing skills.
- Proven analytical skills, attention to detail, and accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America;New York-New York-United States of America;Washington-District of Columbia-United States of America