The Sr. Web Developer role will be responsible for building and maintaining e-commerce capabilities of legalsolutions.com using modern web development technologies. This is accomplished by performing a wide variety of production related tasks including building, modifying, maintaining, and optimizing system integrations in collaboration with the internal web design team and technology teams.
This role also serves as the subject matter expert and as a liaison between the creative web design teams and the back-end technical web development teams. The successful candidate must be a self-starter, be able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, own deliverables end to end, and prioritize workload effectively.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Assists in design and development of LegalSolutions.com capabilities related to primary web experience, embedded technologies and tools, and future e-commerce and marketing platform integrations
- Assists in design and development of mobile applications, and digital marketing initiatives
- Contributes to the development activities such as project estimates, scheduling, and deliverables
- Helps coordinate and monitor all aspects of the development lifecycle across multiple technology platforms and disciplines
- Conducts user acceptance testing, as appropriate
- Monitors performance and traffic of applications and websites after implementation
- Provide technical guidance to the developer team to ensure that site issues are resolved quickly, and that new site capabilities are developed in accordance to the defined requirements
- Partner with content, design, UX, and IT teams to produce a best-in-class B2B marketing website through user experience, visual, content and technical specifications
- Consults with IT to evaluate both the integration between hardware and software and the operational and performance requirements of overall systems
- Assist in managing and executing the migration process for the legalsolutions.com transition to a new CMS
- Prioritizes and implements change requests, as appropriate. Keeps team informed of the status of their requests or other changes
- Keeps informed about and observes Internet security technologies
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Experienced with working with Adobe product APIs/integrations (Adobe Experience Manager, Analytics, Target, and/or Search & Promote)
- Experienced with writing high quality scalable code, reviewing code, and abiding by documented coding standards
- Knowledge of best practices for enterprise based UX design, as well as usability principles and techniques
- Knowledge of digital landscape, data and integration platforms, object oriented programming, and web application development
- Experience with agile/scrum
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines. This is a fast-paced position technical in nature but also service-oriented
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with e-commerce systems such as Hybris, and seamless cross-platform web and mobile UX
- B2B Marketing experience strongly preferred
- Web Server management is a plus (UNIX or Windows)
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America