JOB DESCRIPTION: JUNIOR DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT ENGINEER
The essential responsibilities of the Support Team Member will be:
- Part of an established successful multi-skilled support team who address Dealing, Matching and the FXT platform issues in an appropriate manner to maintain Thomson Reuters reputation for reliability to the world's largest professional trading community.
- Investigating complex or high priority issues
- When major service issues occur actively participate in the Incident Response Team to restore the service to affected Clients as quickly as possible.
- Liaise with teams such as the Operations Group, Product, Development, 3rd Party Suppliers, Business and Compliance Teams, Account Managers.
- Review open defects regularly to ensure the information and status are up to date.
- Identify and implement improvements to the method of working for the support teams.
- Assess new releases and other changes to determine the impact on documentation, operations tasks, or functionality.
- Some project work to increase the overall efficiency of the support function
The role is based in Baar, Switzerland. There may be a requirement to travel occasionally to the UK to work with the UK based teams.
- Evidence of technical competence to support the role
The required skills are:
- Very good written and spoken English skills
- Ability to coordinate and communicate with various teams across the globe
- Ability to demonstrate creative thinking, advanced problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work under pressure
- Fast learner
- Comfortable working in unknown scenarios where you may not have documentation or higher levels of support to defer to.
- Minimum basic knowledge of network protocols ( tcp/udp routing dns)
The desired skills are:
- 2 years 2nd/3rd Level Support Role on Business Critical Systems or Software Development.
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters Matching and Dealing products
- Experience and understanding of the Unix/Linux operating systems.
- Networking in general & specifically TCP protocol analysis
- Understanding of the Java programming language
- Hadoop/Scala (big Data)
- SQL as well as report writing & data analysis in general
- Practical experience with current scripting languages
- Familiarity with hardware, applications, protocols used in large enterprises & data centers
- Experience of supporting Foreign Exchange software or transactions
- Exposure to the FIX protocol
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.