- Provide general executive level administrative support to the Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) and build and maintain internal and external relationships accordingly.
- Maintain CSO’s calendar and vet/prioritize items, arrange video/tele-presence and teleconferences; and prepare meeting agendas and prepare for guest visits. Making sure to keep the CSO up to date and aware of any meetings and events he/she must attend.
- Prepare domestic and international itineraries and travel arrangements on a regular basis.
- Coordinate and maintain communications between the Chief Strategy Officer and other executives as well as other internal departments and senior leaders.
- Maintain relationships that are critical to the success of Thomson Reuters.
- Use judgment to keep the CSO informed of any issues that may impact Thomson Reuters.
- Identify, research, and resolve complex problems and issues referred by others. Establish strong business relationships with other administrative professionals internally in an effort to determine solutions swiftly. Responsible for accurate, timely response to work requests and work not typically directed or checked by others.
- Handle, track and respond to informational inquiries or redirect them to the appropriate team member for resolution in an accurate and timely manner.
- Compose and prepare reports and correspondence including proofreading for correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, usage, and content, assist with presentation preparation, ad-hoc reporting and handle printing requirements.
- Interact with executive leadership and their administrative support on significant matters, anticipating and responding to requests by modifying plans based on priorities.
- Provide onsite support during meetings and oversight of technology requirements.
- As required, participate in department meetings, take minutes and follow up with group members around deliverables.
- Prepare and process expense reports and outside services costs in compliance with company policies.
- Perform other administrative and ad-hoc tasks which may include: organize guest offices, catering, local ground transportation for visiting executives
- Filter, organize and prioritize incoming mail, email, and phone calls.
- Facilitate inquiries and resolve routine matters
- Anticipate needs of the CSO and resolve without specific direction
- Organize flow of work, prioritize tasks and activities and ensure that administrative functions are carried out in a timely and effective manner.
- Assist in scheduling and preparation of materials for mid-year and end of year performance reviews.
- Provide vacation coverage for the CTO’s EA.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR WORK OF OTHERS
No direct supervision of others.
Completion of high school or secondary education required, additional university level courses, or secretarial/business school training desirable. Commercial apprenticeship with federal degree or advanced training highly preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates high level of interpersonal skills and professional acumen
- Demonstrates a high level of planning and organization skills
- Demonstrates excellent communication and relationship building skills – fluent in English and German (both speaking and writing)
- Proven ability to collaborate across multiple departments/organizations and ability to navigate in an enterprise environment
- Manages highly confidential information using appropriate discretion
- Interacts and coordinates effectively with top executives inside and outside of the company as well as all other internal and external visitors
- Demonstrates ability to manage change, and adapt work style and processes according to the dynamic nature of the organization
- Excellent prioritization skills and ability to prioritize own workload and to work without close supervision
- Understanding of cultural differences
- Manages multiple tasks in an environment of tight deadlines and high quality standards
- Exhibits a high degree of autonomy and decision-making discretion
- Proficient typing skills and knowledge of computer applications (i.e., Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe...) necessary. Telephone Proficiency, General Office Procedures, Business Writing.
- Compliance, Personal Organization, Data Input, Problem Solving, Project Management and Delegating.
- Team-spirited, able to interact with the other EA’s on the executive floor.
- Previous experience working for senior executives in an international corporate environment.
- Advanced level education preferred.
- WebEx knowledge and experience preferred.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.