DIVISION/ GROUP/ ROLE:
Sales & Client Management (SCM) Consultants work in conjunction with Sales to facilitate new and renewal business. This role will provide information to Sales on general sales-related matters and policy and procedural issues and act as a liaison between Sales Operations and internal departments within West and Thomson Reuters. In addition, this role will support Sales and Sales Operations management to achieve the business’ objectives.
The SCM Consultant will also assist in training other Sales personnel, assist in the development of new tools used by the field sales staff and assist with special projects that warrant in depth knowledge or our products, services, and Consultants.
From a Pre-Sales perspective, the SCM Consultant will partner and Support Sales, West FIT Reps, Client Managers with:
- Order Writing and Pricing
- PROFlex Agreements
- System/Tool Assistance
- Content and Product Information
- Temporary Access Agreements
- Available during core office hours
- Personnel will rotate to ensure coverage for Inside Sales
- For visibility, ISS will contact SCM Consultant via phone to ensure quality, availability & metrics
- SCM Consultant will offer “Office Hours” for face-to-face meetings
- Assist Sales personnel in meeting and exceeding their goals. Serve as a primary resource for sales to understand content/product offerings, policies, order processing, credit, promotions, incentives and procedures for all pre-sale issues.
- Keep channels of communication open between Sales/Management and internal departments
- Act as an information resource and assist in problem solving all issues.
- Provide feedback best practices to sales and internal departments to facilitate the development of new products and promotions.
- Consult with management on the effect of policies and procedures by assisting in developing and implementing policy and procedure changes in a fair and consistent manner. Ensure that profitable business is being secured on behalf of the company.
- Perform projects or problem solve as directed by Sales Operations management, particularly regarding printing of field collateral and logistical support for sales meetings.
- Provide direction for sales and implementing policies and procedures. Serve as a consultant on best practices and knowledge sharing on new products and promotions.
- Provide direction on order capture tool, exception tool and other policies, procedures, promotions, etc.
- Flexible work schedule
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
- 4 Year College degree, relevant major preferred (Business, Marketing, Communication or other liberal arts programs)
- Two years sales or account management experience in direct sales environment
- Demonstrated proficiency managing initiatives and project management experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of West products/processes
- Strong knowledge of SAP, Excel, MS Office Systems
- Must be adept at problem solving and communicating with the field, account management, customers, and internal management
- Solid understanding and experience with detailed technology projects
- Detailed focused
- Understand technology requirements, concepts and structure for testing technical solutions
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to apply knowledge and creativity to resolve standard and complex client issues, improving service offerings
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills with attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to dynamic and fast paced work environment
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal); must be service oriented
- Ability to troubleshoot and make appropriate decisions based on knowledge of business objectives
- Work well independently and as part of team
- Confident, helpful, customer-oriented phone presence required
- Proven ability to take on multiple projects and see them to completion successfully
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America