Risk is a fast-growing Thomson Reuters Segment; this is a very exciting opportunity to join a business in an innovative and rapidly evolving industry. It focuses on connecting our customers' business to the ever-changing regulatory and risk environment.
We're looking for a talented Java developer to work as part of the Risk Development team. As a Software Engineer in the team, you’ll be responsible for the analysis, definition, design, implementation, testing, maintenance and support of the Risk products. You will work with QA engineers to ensure that what we deliver is to a high standard.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
• You will design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code based on requirements or User Stories
• Develop software using focussed software development processes, adhering to team/company standards and software best practice guidelines, and corporate policies.
• Craft and execute unit testing and integration testing ensuring software meets requirements.
• Provide technical support to operations or other development teams
• Create and maintain all required technical documentation to ensure supportability and reuse - Review work of peers.
• Participate in project planning sessions with team members to analyze development requirements, provide design options, and provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
• Actively participate in team and status meetings, providing timely status updates for areas of individual responsibilities within projects to supervisor
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Software engineer with knowledge of the Java language
• Good understanding of object-oriented programming
• Familiar with various design patterns
• Experience of unit testing
• Self starter - does what it takes to get the job done
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Skill for writing clean, readable code and reusable Java libraries
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Understanding of security implications and secure coding
• Experience using source code management tools such as Git or SVN
• Experience using continuous build - Familiar with RESTful interfaces
• Understanding of HTML and XML
• Experienced in a formal software development lifecycle
• Knowledge of databases, SQL and database access via JDBC - Cloud technologies
• A good relevant degree is desirable, but experience and the right approach to work are just as important.
• Oracle Java certification is desirable but not required.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.