To deliver the value of the whole firm to our customers by offering to customers in order to gain new business, win market share and increase customer satisfaction.
Selling a broad range of Tax and Accounting software products and specialized solutions to corporates, governments, accounting firms and financial institutions building on reputation as a business, markets or technology expert.
This role reports to the Head of Tax & Accounting and Legal Specialists for MENA.
- Selling Tax products and solutions to a pre-defined market segment, in a predefined territory, a country or sub-region.
- Major emphasis on opening up new business, both within existing accounts and new customers.
- Provide domain expertise in Tax technologies, VAT in specific, across the relevant MENA based clients and markets.
- Prospect tax and accounting executives in corporations, accounting firms, etc. and perform a detailed qualification of self-generated leads within their territory to uncover clients’ issues.
- Delivers recurring and outright sales and revenue, generates new opportunities, follows and develops opportunities and leads provided by other sources.
- Gathers feedback from the customer, maintains accurate customer contact and opportunity data in the appropriate Client Relationship Management (CRM) systems, develops innovative approaches to problems, and be the product champion. Cross-channel function, building on expert knowledge to target client base, recognise client needs and propose solution.
- Organise and attend client meetings striving to challenge current thinking in order to deliver unique propositions. This will involve demonstrating sophisticated software solutions and learning and understanding industry best practice to position themselves and the organization as a thought leader.
- Negotiate key commercial and legal terms.
- Supplement the businesses knowledge of the market and customer needs with further research and investigation to understand and better define the addressable market for the Tax & Accounting products and services and prioritize effort.
- Work with marketing professionals to help develop appropriate marketing plans and collateral to support the sale manager role.
- Conduct and support Business Development activities in the identification and pursuit of new opportunities.
- Managing a pipeline and preparing documentation such as cost estimates, proposals, RFI’s, RFP’s and project details in a Statement of Work (SOW) as well as lead implementations and project management across multiple geographies.
- Work closely with BIG 4 & other Accounting Firms on the back of CIP (Certified Implementer Program) as well as Tax Revenue Authorities.
- Presenting and explaining the technical functionality and benefits of Thomson Reuters enterprise solutions to prospects and partners, and being able to compare and contrast them with traditional approaches.
- Participate in research, training, marketing, participation at sales events and conferences.
- Assisting software development teams on localization projects: Providing feedback to what is relevant to regional success.
- Work closely with Thomson Reuters Product Management and Tax Research Teams globally to identify industry trends, evaluate capability enhancements and validate business cases for future development.
- Ability to be able to travel minimum 1 week a month.
Skills & Competencies
- The candidate will have at least 5-7 years sales experience preferably in VAT, Finance / Accounting and Technology.
- A working knowledge/understanding of tax compliance process (direct and indirect) and related technologies would be beneficial.
- Understanding of branded ERP systems (e.g. SAP/Oracle)
- Proven track record selling and implementing Workflow solutions regionally or globally.
- Experience in gathering requirements, design and rollout of a solution.
- Client facing, articulate and excellent organizational skills, project co-ordination/management experience would be an advantage.
- Self-confident and comfortable working under limited supervision.
- A desire to compete and win business in a team setting.
- Great networking skills.
- Wide contact network across MENA region would be an advantage
- Fluency in English is required, Arabic would be a plus.
- Proficient in PowerPoint and other presentational software.
- Great understanding of Excel software formulas, macros etc.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Dubai-United Arab Emirates