Direct field sales team as an integrated unit to achieve overall sales and revenue growth goals within the Small Law Firm division. Develop and maintain a field management organization that ensures cooperation and coordination of account management and field sales teams and the optimization of Eagan support channels.
- Maximize total new sales (Westlaw, Practical Law and software products) and revenue growth within assigned district while retaining renewal business.
- Recruit, coach and develop an effective team of Regional Managers, Sales (RMS) capable of delivering the district goals.
- Collaborate with VP and internal Segment/AM/LPS partners in the development and implementation of the district’s strategic and operational business plan.
- Ensure teaming with Inside Sales, Account Management and Field Sales channels to jointly develop new and existing business opportunities and maximize revenue in existing accounts.
- Direct the RMSs execution, plan and implementation of pipeline management and forecasting.
- Set expectations and hold RMSs accountable to develop and coach their team to drive results, productivity and revenue growth.
- Promote utilization of Salesforce.com.
- Four-year degree required; JD plus MBA or commensurate business experience preferred
- 6-10 years legal publishing or legal markets experience
- 6-10 years of responsibility in sales, sales management or account management.
- 5+ years experience in selecting and developing sales or account management professionals
- Business strategy and planning experience including goal setting financial analysis and performance management
- Excellent leadership skills
- Outstanding sales negotiation and closing skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, rapidly changing technology environment, and to complete multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong knowledge of sales concepts, methods and techniques
- Ambitious self-starter with high energy and motivation
- Knowledge of legal markets, legal information needs and online legal products
- Strategic thinking skills; able to plan and execute account strategies
- Outstanding high-level presentation and communication skills
- Ability to interact with customers in a consultative, face-to-face selling environment in a way that builds value for the customer and facilitates opportunities for future sales.
- Effective time-management skills
- Able to travel to customer locations
- Working knowledge of Thomson Reuters products, the legal profession and/or legal publishing industry preferred
- Proficient in MS Office and Internet
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America;Chicago-Illinois-United States of America;New York-New York-United States of America