- Identification and investigation into issues across the WAN estate following defined ITIL processes e.g. incident management including issues related to Layer 1/ 2 / 3, Switching / Routing (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP) / QOS, MPLS Networks.
- Alignment to agreed process and procedures within the incident management space
- Chair technical recovery calls with participation from across the Thomson Reuter business
- Communicate timely and accurate progress updates on investigation
- Own support cases via ticketing systems (e.g. ServiceNow), communicating regular updates to end users/requesters and close tickets within agreed timescales
- Respond and take action based on capacity management alerts
- Engage vendors on incidents and ensure regular communications are provided on progress
- Coordinate incident resolution activities with teams in Thomson Reuters and our vendors
- Track configuration compliance with global standards
- Participate in problem management investigations
- Computer Science or equivalent degree
- 1 year of experience in hands on network support with knowledge in switching and routing with experience on Cisco products (Cisco Routers: 7500, 7200, 3800, 3600, 2600; Cisco switches: 6500, 4500, 4900, 3500, 2900)
- Hands on experience of on WAN routing protocol and troubleshooting
- Understanding on WAN technologies: Frame Relay, ATM, T3, MPLS, BGP, OPSF
- Knowledge of Internet and networking technologies including TCP/IP, HTTP, WINS, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, NTP and Net BIOS
- Working knowledge of firewalls (Cisco PIX and Checkpoint) and load balancing (F5)
- ITIL Capacity Management or Service Management certification (ITILv2/3 Foundation or above preferred
- Degree relating to IT.
- Previous work in IT NOC department
- Any certification towards CCNA and ITIL (v3 preferred)
- Should be flexible to work under rotational shifts
Computer Science or equivalent degree.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.