The primary objective of the Financial Analyst II is to support pricing initiatives for FindLaw’s core and Super Lawyers businesses, as well as respond to pre-sale exception requests. In addition, this position will provide cost center support to FindLaw’s Audience & Digital Standards cost centers. As part of the FindLaw Finance team, the Financial Analyst II will be expected to partner cross functionally and vertically within the organization to execute a deliberate set of accountabilities that support the overall goals of the FindLaw business units.
- Create print/publication pricing files in support of the Super Lawyers business while ensuring SOX compliance.
- Respond to pre-sale exception requests in a timely manner.
- Assist with attribute pricing analysis and price impact reporting, including the review of directory product pricing, traffic trends, as well as sales and retention trends.
- Provide financial support for FindLaw’s Audience & Digital Standards’ teams, including expense planning, reporting, and forecasting in an accurate, consistent, and timely manner.
- Understand and articulate key variances and present monthly financial results to finance manager; identify risks and opportunities to the financial plans and forecasts.
- Maintain and update financial planning templates and complete month-end close tasks (i.e. journal entries, accruals, validation of financial results, etc.).
- Execute custom pricing requests by actively partnering with FindLaw’s Product Management, Audience, and Legal teams, and ensure those requests are processed into SAP accurately.
- Support new product development by actively participating on cross-functional teams in the development and implementation of new and re-engineered products.
- Audit newly engineered products and enhancements to ensure that pricing transactions from PIC (order entry system) are error free.
- Monthly analysis of customers' existing contracts to determine if they qualify for price protection (PMG) by limiting the price increase they may experience if their contract is not renewed.
- Assist in key strategic initiatives and ad hoc analysis as defined by the needs of the business.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Four-year college degree required - business, finance, or accounting focus preferred
- 2-4+ years relevant business experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with various levels within the organization including senior leadership
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) and Business Objects
- Proficiency with Tableau and SAP preferred
- Proficiency with Hyperion and Compass a plus, but not required
- Excellent analytical skills and aptitude for problem solving, including data analysis, and validation
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, and ability to identify and improve processes
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive business information
- Strong attention to detail and ability to drive toward superior business results
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America