Project Summary and Position Overview:
DCO First Line support (FLS) is a Global Network/Platform support team that provides first line support including 24*7 monitoring and management support of the Thomson Reuters global Networks First level groups. The role is based out of Bangalore and will ensure that major incidents are managed effectively and professionally, resulting in the restoration of normal service quickly, efficiently and with minimal impact to customer service. They communicate incident information and impact to senior management and key stakeholders across DCIS and the Business Units. The role also serves also an escalations point and works with FLS teams that monitors and manage the delivery Thomson Reuters Global Networks Infrastructure to meet or exceed agreed service levels on a 24x7 basis. They also participate in projects to improve the current Incident Management process.
The Shift/Incident manager will:
- Ensure compliance with the Incident management processes; to ensure effective incident management and timely resolution
- Manage major incidents, up to agreed upon severity level ensuring the smooth transition from Incident to Problem Management
- Ensure timely and accurate client communications during an incident
- Act as an escalation point for FLS teams and manage shift activities
- Identify & pursue opportunities for continuous improvement
- Escalate to Incident Management team once agreed upon severity level has been reached
Main roles & responsibilities:
- Acts as the point of contact and escalation for support groups and internal businesses during recovery of major incidents.
- Identifies an incident owner to lead the incident process during major incidents.
- Ensures appropriate escalation procedures are followed as required.
- Assesses impact and progress during major incidents to ensure escalation is timely and appropriate
- Enters incident details in the incident management tool in a timely manner with accurate information.
- Provides accurate and timely communications on impact to the appropriate distribution lists and senior management
- Ensure correct inputs to the Problem Management process
- Drives governance around incident management, for example, ensure an incident ticket is opened, escalated, updated, and closed accordingly
- Establishes regular communication with DCO/IT management and the business regarding the status of incident tickets and adherence to the incident management process
- Gather information and facilitate the decision making process of granting approval for immediate change requests to systems with input from the appropriate teams, understanding the potential impact to production systems prior to approval
- Contributes to evolving and maturing the incident management process so it integrates with other processes (problem and change management) and tools
- Leverages incident management best practices and process frameworks, such as the ITIL, to drive continual process improvement.
- Participates in incident management technology evaluations and decisions, and manages the day-to-day use of incident management tools.
- People Management, Shift handling, Escalation handling, Carrier development plan for Level 1 Engineers. Regularly handling Team meeting and addressing Team members concerns
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, related field or equivalent experience
- In-depth experience in ITIL incident, problem, and change processes and tools
- Strong working knowledge of IT operations and support organizations
- Strong knowledge on people management skill,
- 6 + years working in a service or IT support role, Technical Team Leader, incident management preferred – or can demonstrate equivalent
- Working experience in a production/operational environment, international experience valued
- Proven ability to work under pressure
- World class in facilitating the resolution of complex incidents
- ITIL Accredited
- CCNA/CCNP or any Networking certification is Advantage
- Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- In-depth knowledge of IT end-to-end incident and problem management and change Management Process
- Knowledge of Service management tools and ITIL best practices
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proven ability to build and manage relationships effectively
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills; ability to handle multiple incidents/demands simultaneously while adapting to constantly changing requirements.
- Proficiency in process formulation and process improvement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to speak at an appropriate technical and business level for the audience and prepare written proposals and recommendations
- A focus on Customer/business satisfaction, with strong interpersonal skills and responsiveness
- Ability to drive process improvement to continually improve service and reduce costs
- Understands strategic business objectives and proposes relevant technical solutions and alternatives
- Ability to communicate with all levels of technical and management staff
- Passionate about Customer Service and acts immediacy and urgency
- Flexible (in relation to working hours)
- Displays Leadership & Authority when facilitating
- Strong People management Skills
- Certification (Preferred) - • ITIL Foundation
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.