QA Engineer will help to move the REDI platform forward from a largely manual testing environment into a mostly automated environment. Giving the mix of technologies involved in the applications, this will be a challenging but rewarding environment as you move REDI quality assurance systems into faster delivery but more reliable product. This position will be for highly motivated self-learner capable of understanding complex systems.
- Deliver quality products by thoroughly testing throughout all phases of development life cycle (Functional testing, regression/integration testing, performance testing and security testing) using a combination of testing methods; develop and execute automated and some manual (black and white box) tests depending on the maturity of the test infrastructure for that particular product.
- Work with development teams to help design and deliver on the QA automation strategy thereby improving the overall quality and test coverage while maintaining a balance between manual and automated testing to improve delivery efficiency and test coverage. Strong drive to improving the automation test coverage will be your main focus.
- Design, plan, deliver and execute automated testing that cover end-to-end customer experience while complying with the agreed upon business and technical requirements.
- Deploy and maintain the automated testing environment. Work to correct any systems issues to ensure high availability and stability.
- Partner closely with cross functional teams during all stages of the development, and is some cases lead quality engineering activities within a project or team with supervision.
- On an independent basis, identify the scope and impact of defects. Perform additional analysis to identify defect cause and scope as needed.
- Anticipate, identify, document key program risks proposing appropriate mitigation and contingency plans as it relates to the automated test environments; identify cross-functional dependencies and track and report on their progress; propose workable solutions to problems.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in computer science or a related technical field
- Solid understanding of Agile development, object oriented design, and programming languages
- Internship or 1 year of experience in a QE / QA environment preferred
- Ability to assist developers in the analysis and isolation of software defects
- Basic black, gray, and white box testing design and testing skills
- Ability to develop test plans and author cases
- Experience working on an Agile development team with rapid iterations
- Candidates must have a passion for quality and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong written, verbal, and collaboration skills
- Ability to problem-solve and adapt to changing priorities and technologies in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Familiarity or the ability to learn current trends and best practices, including performance, accessibility and usability
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.