This role performs financial activities and processes for Thomson Reuters within BOS and partners with our Finance and Business partners across the world to leverage systems and resources to promote a seamless experience. The individual in this role provides financial support and makes recommendations for improving financial activities, processes, and the collection, consolidation, and reporting of financial-performance information.
Primary Areas of Accountability:
- Accurately calculate and audit royalty payments focusing on contract review, royalty calculation and payment and all reporting requirements for royalty bearing products.
- Support general ledger transactions for Strategic Business Unit (SBU)
- Conduct moderate to complex financial analysis and identify key trends related to month-end close and payments.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with business and accounting operations contacts.
- Demonstrate appropriate application of GAAP, IFRS, Sarbanes-Oxley and regulatory compliance knowledge and policies: ensure that practices meet regulatory requirements and assist in the documentation respective to the accounting group.
- Share knowledge and leverage resources across the Finance organization to promote a seamless customer experience.
- Integration of businesses and functions within BOS to optimize resources and streamline processes.
- Participate in project work and provide key status updates and track project progress.
- Work with a global team to ensure the successful migration of royalty payments to new system.
- Provide ad hoc analysis in support of royalty payments and/ or management initiatives.
- Communicate with Royalty Authors, provide statements, work with other Teams to make sure vendor accounts are up-to-date and monitor payments are completed on time.
General Areas of Accountability:
- Provide reliable, value-based information on a timely basis to internal and external customers.
- Meet data requests of key decision makers, planners, and/or external customers in a timely manner by utilizing relevant existing financial information and the appropriate analysis tools.
- Assemble and/or consolidate accurate and meaningful information on which short-term and long-term strategies may be based and/or evaluated.
- Generate ad hoc reports to provide internal and/or external customers with accurate, up-to-date information concerning special projects or issues.
- Assist other financial and non-financial personnel with special requests for information.
- Compile monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports and metrics in a timely manner to ensure the availability of information for management review.
- Review submitted financial information regularly to monitor for questionable variances.
Requirements/Education and Previous Work Experience Requirements:
- Four- year degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business preferred.
- Two to Five years progressive finance or accounting experience
- 2+ years’ experience with SAP
- Experience in integrated financial systems preferred
- Trilingual – English, Spanish and Portuguese Language Fluency, both verbal and written a plus.
- Strong MS Excel skills – i.e. PIVOT, Data-related functions.
- Multi-currency transaction experience desired.
- Experience working with Brazil and Argentina a plus.
Knowledge and Skills Inventory:
- Demonstrates the ability to perform Senior Accounting, Staff Accountant II / Financial Analyst II level technical skills.
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Act as a go-to person for internal and external customers; highly responsive and committed to results with a strong customer orientation.
- Able to effectively communicate with Senior Managers in and outside of Finance.
- Knowledge of Databases and Business Objects a plus.
- Analytical skills in finance and accounting; strong detail orientation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint).
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with competing demands for time and resources.
- Strong collaborator in a team environment; ability to effectively transfer knowledge to build team bench strength.
- Ability to travel as required by the business on international trips; estimated to be less than 5%.
- Business Objects experience a plus.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Lagunilla de Heredia-Costa Rica