We are looking for a Lead FLS Application Support Engineer who will provide technical direction, guidance, and instruction to a team of highly skilled engineers who support Applications throughout the enterprise. This tech lead will demonstrate a real passion for continually improving the customer experience.
Your additional responsibilities will be performing any functions to deliver the highest level of service and responsiveness to customers and co-workers.
- All technology staff are required to prioritize service availability;
- Communicate with management and teams to drive resolution for service issues;
- Lead the effort to triage, solve problems, and resolve incidents;
- Advocate and actively contribute to work improvements across the team members and other FLS teams. Identify and remove impediments, prevent distractions;
- Being customer centric. Promote a customer awareness culture within the team. Foster innovation and encourage staff to think differently in finding solutions to delight customers;
- Lead the development and support of team standards, tools, and practices;
- Leading by example to motivate and inspire the team. Demonstrating and driving an innovative culture with a creative and can do/ ”roll up your sleeves” approach;
- Coach, develop, and inspire superior performers within our team.
Your Essential Skills should include:
- Understand criticality of service provision to the customer, takes preventative steps, and responds appropriately and with urgency to service issues;
- Creativity and innovation: maintain an innovative mindset whilst operating with a set of defined communication processes. Deliver continuous improvements to process and overall efficiency supported by the appropriate metrics;
- Recommend and implement process and/or tool improvements as appropriate;
- Comfortable dealing with complex operational issues;
- Highly collaborative with shown ability to quickly establish trust and credibility, demonstrates confidence to identify key partners and their respective needs;
- Superior interpersonal skill, including presentation, persuasion, negotiation and conflict resolution;
- Communication: Ability to communicate confidently and concisely to both technologists and non-technologists;
- Knowledge of the Financial Markets and understanding key drivers;
- A strong understanding of how to utilize technology, its potential, and its implications for our customers;
- The ability to relate effectively as a business partner with other corporate and operating staff;
- Exceptional leadership skills.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Sciences, Business, Technology, or related field; or equivalent work experience;
- ITIL Certification preferred.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
St. Louis-Missouri-United States of America