Through partnership and collaboration across various levels within the Thomson Reuters Corporate Finance organization and across the business units, this position performs a visible role in the key areas listed below.
Furthermore, this role is unique, exciting, and challenging in that it requires and leverages a blend of strong FP&A background, functional system expertise, and high-visibility analysis and consolidated reporting to various Corporate management levels. In this capacity, the selected candidate will report into the Corporate and Enabling Functions organization and will collaborate with a broad base of Finance, Reporting, Controllership, and Planning Solutions teams as well as the Business Units.
- Provide timely financial variance and trend analysis, forecasting, planning, reporting, and modeling
- Provide decision support through these activities by determining and clearly communicating financial drivers and impacts
- Ensure financial accuracy
- Anticipate future financial performance and related risks, opportunities, and levers
- Assist with month, quarter, and plan financial reporting consolidation and with presentation preparation to Corporate Finance leadership and executive
- Overall Finance support to the Corporate Enabling Functions FP&A organization in various capacities including but not limited to: Coordination and review of month-end reporting
- Identify and gather reporting requirements and partner with the Reporting CoE on report development and/or enhancements activities, deployments, and timelines
- Anticipate needs during key business activities such as quarter-end, re-organizations, and plan cycles. Coordinate with the Reporting CoE to ensure timely accommodation of needs
- Support, promote, and drive Corporate goal to increasingly shift from ad-hoc reporting to a standard report suite and increasingly leverage the Reporting CoE
- Manage financial reporting structure working closely with FP&A teams and the Master Data team to ensure consistency and appropriateness of change requests, and with the Reporting and FP&A teams to ensure end-to-end impacts are considered
- Provide guidance and support related to plan cycle timelines, processes, and activities
- Assist with Allocations model processes, analysis, and BU coordination
- Fully embrace and put into practice the Thomson Reuters Core Values as well as the Corporate Finance Continuous Improvement mindset
- Bachelor's degree required - Finance or Accounting focus preferred
- 5+ years applicable Finance experience required demonstrating increasingly complex responsibilities and/or roles
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organization skills. Proven ability to independently and successfully communicate and collaborate with, present to, and relate to various senior levels of management internal and external to the organization
- Highly-motivated, independent, and professional self-starter with proven ability to collaborate and influence based on common objectives
- Drive goals and results in a fast-paced, global environment
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical, quantitative, and investigative skills
- Ability to effectively, efficiently, and collaboratively work with business partners across time zones
- Highly accustomed to and adept at preparing professional presentations and related content and supporting data
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Excellent FP&A background including data modeling and knowledge of Reporting systems (SAP and Oracle), and planning/forecasting systems (Hyperion preferred)
- Enthusiastic about striving for excellence and making a difference
- Strong improvement focus with demonstrated ability to identify, drive, and implement effective and meaningful solutions
- Comfortable with being the expert in defined areas and the related responsibilities it entails
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities with competing demands for time and resources to successfully meet project and schedule deadlines
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America;Stamford-Connecticut-United States of America