Business Unit: ET&O Finance
We are looking for a Sr. Financial Analyst to join Thomson Reuters Real Estate Finance team located in London, UK. This is an organization where exceptional individuals can make a lasting impact on the company and develop through challenging assignments. This role provides financial decision support for capital, expense and resource planning/forecasting.
Position: Senior Financial Analyst
- Provide financial and analytical support to Thomson Reuters EMEA Real Estate group, with a focus on strategic analysis.
- Consolidate and report results; lead the planning and forecasting process; provide financial support for business analysis
- Coordinate with global real estate / facility finance teams to synchronize results and reporting.
- Drive continuous process improvement efforts to enhance timeliness and accuracy of financial results reporting and analysis.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Perform month-end close processes and analysis and support planning cycles as owner of the core EMEA Real Estate detailed budget model as well as submitting Early Looks and Plans into Hyperion. Understand key drivers behind budget variances.
- Ensure accuracy of reporting in SAP and Hyperion and compliance with SOX capital policies.
- Manage planning, forecasting, reporting, and analysis for financial results including financial and non-financial metrics.
- Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of data collection efforts, reporting systems.
- Analyze complex financial information and provide clear, accurate and timely financial recommendations.
- To assist with SOX and audit compliance record-keeping.
- Liaison with Thomson Reuters central Real Estate finance team, operation groups and various ET&O finance groups to complete monthly responsibilities and special projects.
Ad Hoc Responsibilities
- Manage special projects by providing financial and business expertise, financial information, and analysis, including modeling of complex business scenarios.
- Assist with coordination and implementation of the annual corporate budget process and interim forecasts on an as needed basis to support the broader Enterprise Technology & Operations [ET&O] Financial Planning & Analysis team.
- Provide financial analysis and guidance on ad hoc strategic projects in support of Thomson Reuters leadership and short and long-term strategy.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Proven relevant financial experience required.
- Highly motivated with ability to drive results
- Strong analytical, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Self-initiative skills required, with the ability to interact well with people at various levels across an organization in an environment of changing priorities
- Exhibited oral and written communication skills to an audience, including senior management
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical, quantitative and investigative skills
- Strong budgeting skills and experience in financial systems, including Hyperion and SAP.
- Adaptive to changing business needs, and the ability to work in a variety of different business situations
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Proven ability to operate comfortably and effectively in a fast paced, highly matrix environment
- Business acumen and leadership skills
- Strong PC skills with proven ability to learn new applications as well as experience using spreadsheets and databases for reporting and analysis
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance
- CA/CEMA/MBA in Finance / Management helpful
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.