Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
- Discuss requirement with local customer representative (Product Manager), design, writing unit test, and code for small requirement (User Story).
- Code both individually and in pairs.
- Participate in work estimation with the team as part of iteration planning where iteration lasts for 1 or 2 weeks.
- Work closely with local BA/QA to help verifying the User Story within the iteration. - Contribute to team's improvements in process, roles & responsibility, and etc through team retrospective sessions.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields
Required Skills (Must have):
- Excellent in C++ and OOP - Experienced in writing unit test
- Experienced with using Design Patterns - Good analytical and communication skills - Knowledge in light-weight process (Agile) e.g. SCRUM
Desired Skills (Nice to have in addition to the Required Skills):
- Experienced in good software development practices
- Exposure to large-scale enterprise software development
- Experienced in Microsoft , Linux technologies
- Experienced in Real Time data processing
- Experienced in customer support
- Good team player
- Good problem solving skills - Fluent in English
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.