We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with a competitive advantage. At Thomson Reuters Legal, we strive to transform law firms business with state-of-art enterprise software for legal practice management. The Product Manager role is part of a product team working on Firm Central, a global cloud-based legal practice management solution. The Product Manager will drive end to end success of the product in the market working across multiple functional areas. The ideal candidate will have a variety of experience working on software solutions in an agile environment.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Manage complete product lifecycle including market requirements, product development, product release plans, and product launch and organizational readiness activities for legal software products
- Serve as product owner throughout the agile development process to ensure the product vision and market strategy is brought to life.
- Research target market changes and trends and utilize analysis to identify market requirements for current and future product consideration.
- Write detailed user stories/requirements based on your product knowledge, industry experience, and market, customer, and competitive research.
- Participate in daily or weekly product team, story grooming and acceptance, and sprint review meetings.
- Constantly and consistently build and prioritize the user story backlog and participate in Agile Scrum grooming sessions to communicate clearly the story intent and acceptance criteria.
- Work with the user experience (UX) team to design highly functional, usable, and visually appealing products and assist in testing their usability.
- Own a major functional area of development within the product and collaborate with product team members to ensure consistent design across functional areas
- Work with the Product Marketing team throughout the product launch process and ensure organizational readiness for all departments.
- Be the market expert at solving customer problems in the legal practice management arena We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most
- 4-year college degree
- 5 years’ experience in software product management ; ideally cloud-based solutions desired
- Experience Agile software development methodology and Pragmatic Marketing product management framework a plus
- Experience with legal practice area or Enterprise software is desired.
- Proven analytical skills, attention to detail, and accuracy
- Exceptional communication skills, written, verbal and presentation.
- Ability to work both independently, and as a member of a team, across a highly-matrixed organization to accomplish - objectives
- Proven ability to prioritize multiple, complex projects simultaneously, while adapting to changing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Occasional travel required (up to 25%)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.