This role will manage a team of Order Management Specialists in owning the order lifecycle for a designated group of customers; meeting requirements in an accurate and timely manner, providing expertise to the account team and associated customers in all related matters, thereby delivering customer satisfaction whilst ensuring that the company’s goals and objectives are met. Taking responsibility for meeting performance targets in volume output and service goals. The Team Manager – Order Management will help in transforming the team in line with known future of Order Management and achieve 80% automation by 2020.
- Lead the Order Management team and/or Order Fulfillment team in close partnership with the regional teams in various locations of Enterprise Business Operations – Order-To-Cash (EBO-OTC)
- Work with Knowledge Specialists to ensure team members have up-to-date training/knowledge skills needed to effective perform their job
- Manage customer queries and communication in a professional and service-minded manner ensuring that resolution is provided
- Show a continuous service improvement mindset to improve the processes, systems and tools including partnering with the support functions to remove operational barriers
- Ensure effective performance/feedback mechanisms are in place to continually track and improve performance across the team
- Escalate critical delays to internal groups and any issues to management as appropriate
- Ensure that agreed volume, service and quality targets are met/exceeded
- Work with Senior and Process/Compliance teams to ensure that team members have the appropriate training/information to perform to required standards
- Manage, mentor, coach and do performance management to effectively resolve order processing and quality-related issues on a timely basis
Scope and Impact:
- Lead a team of 10+ Order Management staff or Order Fulfillment staff, including Knowledge Specialist
- Build and maintain close partnerships with stakeholders in Go-To-Market (GTM), Finance, Credit Management and others
- Has overall responsibility for performance and results of direct and indirect reports
- Drive or support large-scale projects impacting internal teams and external customers
- Balance team resources to optimize performance
- Improve employee engagement and champion employee retention
- 6-8 years of relevant work experience (with at least 3 years in managing a high-performing team)
- University degree and/or professional qualification or relevant work experience preferred
- Able to demonstrate a continuous improvement mindset
- Experience in managing a strong team that produces significant business changes
- Ability to lead a team independently with minimal support; can work independently on multiple activities, showing appropriate prioritization and delivery of above and beyond results
- Ability to communicate with all levels within the enterprise
- Excellent interpersonal skills with willingness to share knowledge and expertise
- Able to perform effectively under time pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Highly competent ability to utilize the appropriate coaching skills to help the team become successful, to deliver greater business results, and to champion talent development
- About 2-3 years experience in a senior specialist role in relevant function (on top of having at least 3 years experience in managing a high-performing team)
- Experience in Customer Service / Order-To-Case function is preferred
- Understanding of order management and billing process within Thomson Reuters
- Solid understanding of relevant markets, customers, and Thomson Reuters products
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.