Manufacturing Supervisor, 2nd shift Summary:
- Lead a team of employees in the bindery or subscription services department and direct work activities to meet production, quality, and safety goals.
- Business Responsibilities include:
- Direct work activity to meet departmental production targets
- Identify and resolve complex technical problems
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement projects
- Work across departments to implement new technology, equipment, and processes
- People Management responsibilities include:
- Supervise a team and provide work direction, feedback, and ongoing communication about the business
- Develop employees’ skills through training and participation in process improvements
- Formally evaluate performance and make recommendations on compensation
- Make recommendations on hiring, discipline, and termination actions
- Safety responsibilities include:
- Serve as a role model for safety and hold employees accountable
- Conduct safety audits and accident investigations and recommend safety improvements
Qualifications: - Required skills include:
- Proven supervisory skills
- Strong oral and written skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office is required and experience with an ERP and SAP is preferred
- Experience with lean manufacturing techniques or fulfillment operations strongly preferred
- Successful candidates will have a Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and 3-5 years of related manufacturing experience and/or fulfillment experience including supervisory responsibilities.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.