Regional Sales Manager, Corporate Investigative
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for successfully leading and managing a Field Sales team to meet and exceed performance targets within assigned region. Lead team in selling, maintaining, retaining and growing an existing and prospective customer base in the corporate business development, risk, fraud and due diligence markets.
Candidate must reside in Regional geography. Preferred location California or Western US.
• Consistently meet or exceed regional new sales and renewal quotas.
• Effectively manage all sales and renewal efforts assigned to the region. Spend appropriate time in the field coaching and motivating team to achieve desired performance results.
• Ensure team is demonstrating, selling and building pipeline across the whole product bag, including workflow solutions products.
• Recruit and hire high quality sales candidates and ensure all territories are fully staffed and continue to maintain a robust pipeline of quality candidates for future openings.
• Develop an annual operational business plan for the Region, informing the work of field staff and directing the way in which the Region plans to grow its revenues. The plan, which shall incorporate a competitive and market assessment and indicate the Region’s contribution to the division’s planned growth for the year, will be reviewed by divisional management against standard performance metrics periodically throughout the year.
• Support team members in achieving their monthly, quarterly and annual goals, by providing the necessary coaching, development and leadership to make each person and the overall Region successful.
• Ensure team members are properly trained on products, sales process and overall company policies and procedures.
• Ensure compliance across region of all required reporting and effective use of internal tools and resources and provide accurate and timely reporting, forecasting, expense reports, and other reporting requested by management. Drive adoption and proficiency on SFDC.
• Work with marketing and product development to provide input on products. Design and recommend special programs and promotions to maintain or stimulate growth.
• Foster and maintain positive and effective internal and external customer relationships. Assist in customer escalation issues and provide customer relationship support as needed.
• Ensure all business dealings are handled professionally and ethically in accordance with established and accepted business practices. Support company processes and procedures and help to ensure the customers’ experience is without compromise.
• Organize and conduct regional meetings and contribute to divisional management meetings as requested by Director, Field Management.
Knowledge and skills:
• Champions new and innovative approaches, ideas, methods, processes, products and services.
• Sets high standards for performance, takes ownership, and drives accountability for results.
• Proactively performance manages; identifying areas for development across the team and coaching to them consistently.
• Excellent leadership skills with a proven track record of sales success; creative and adaptable with the ability to effectively coach and lead in a changing environment.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Commitment to People
• Skilled in coaching effectively, managing overall performance; ability to demonstrate and teach job related skills to optimize employee’s performance.
• Creates an environment to attract the best and brightest people.
• Uses appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with employees, customers and internal partners; interacts with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
• Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and presentation.
• Builds constructive relationships across the organization with key business partners to drive the business forward.
• Works collaboratively across boundaries and gets things done despite divergent goals, cultures and perspectives.
• Uses knowledge of business dynamics to make good decisions and sustain the core business while driving profitable growth.
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of company products, solutions and services.
• Adept at forecasting monthly goals.
• Ability to use financial tools to assist in planning, forecasting and productivity improvement.
• Exemplifies a strong understanding of corporate business development, risk, fraud and due diligence markets; ability to listen effectively and obtain necessary information in order to do business within this market.
• Demonstrates strong negotiation skills by effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 4+ years in a successful sales or account management role with a track record of exceeding quota.
• Prior field sales management experience strongly preferred.
• Strong leadership, coaching and team building skills required.
• Strong working knowledge and understanding of corporate business development, risk, fraud, due diligence and investigative markets.
• Excellent time management, organizational and communication skills.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.