Finance leader of the Financial and Risk (F&R) Go To Market (GTM) Asia Region working as a valued business partner helping to drive Asia GTM sales effectiveness and revenue growth and retention of over $1 billion. This role will work closely with the F&R CFO and sits on the F&R Finance Leadership Team and Asia Leadership Team. The position acts as a direct business partner to the GTM Asia organization, directly supporting the Managing Director and his Leadership Team and will play a critical role in driving positive sales, revenue growth and productivity objectives in Asia.
The role leads the budgeting and forecasting process across Asia GTM and oversees financial controls and revenue assurance for the region.
This role is to be based in Hong Kong.
- Overseeing GTM’s Asia Financial Planning and forecasting processes and output, along with all summary analysis on Actual results, including all levels of KPI development for sales and marketing effectiveness and resource productivity, target setting and measurement
- Managing the annual planning cycle, setting timing, targets and review processes – providing challenge to push performance
- Developing and enhancing profitability analysis models, and support complex modeling and data integration within the Annual Price Increase process
- Providing advice and input to resource alignment across GTM working with the Managing Director GTM Asia
- Providing deal support, commercial review/analysis and aid the sales team to construct profitable and successful deals, including working directly with customers where required
- Providing a prioritization framework and transparency to drive allocation of resources to the right areas, working with Sales Operations and Market Development to input into F&R propositions and development priorities
- Reviewing operations and/or expenses to support decisions regarding margins and other business objectives
- Supporting CRM systems, imputing into initiatives such as TRMA adoption, Genesis system development and roll-out, pipeline management tools
- Supporting the creation of sales commission plans managing plan structures and quota assignments
- Managing monthly sales close for the Asia as well as producing the sales flash
- Coordinating the revenue close, completing SOX controls and managing revenue recognition in accordance with accounting policy
- Review and approve policy exceptions for credits, commissions, commercials and price increase
- Involvement in Enterprise wide initiatives, including Customer Transformation workstreams, establishing IPG Operating rhythms and support and/or joint accountability of all Signature processes
- Focusing on GTM productivity metrics and underlying data harmonization
- Managing a diverse team while influencing multiple staff and functions across the Asia GTM Region
Qualifications and Experience Required
- 15+ years of progressive finance experience in key positions with a strong finance & analytical background, having worked in a number of finance roles over their career to date
- Deep F&R finance experience strongly preferred, with commercial mindset and an ability to drive business performance through partnership with varied business stakeholders particularly across Go To Market Teams
- A strong knowledge of accounting and finance especially around revenue recognition and managing assurance and compliance activities
- Proven ability to work on cross functional teams, presenting and influencing direction with senior executives
- Demonstrates strong leadership (i.e. decisiveness and be seen as a reliable decision –maker by others, act in line with company values and integrity, deal with and lead through ambiguity, etc)
- Builds effective relationships and partners with others to develop joint solutions
- Excellent management skills and the ability to manage a large multidimensional team and must be seen as a developer of talent
- Excellent communication at the senior leadership level; proven leadership, and analytical abilities with a strong desire to make an impact on the business
- Working knowledge of SAP ERP and G/L systems, Hyperion or related planning tools, and Business Objects or related reporting tools along with various CRM tools used across F&R GTM
- MBA or CPA equivalent preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Hong Kong-Hong Kong