The Strategic Training Consultant is responsible for being the channel/function consulting expert, and responsible for meeting with sales leaders on the training and education needs for their staff. This role will identify skills requirements in the function/channel they serve to ensure commercial objectives are being met by delivering the highest level of consulting and training support . This candidate will be responsible for being the program owner for specific learning programs and establishing a relationship with the key stakeholders in their business unit consistently monitor the effectiveness of the programs.
• Researches, offers support in the design and development processes and assists in the implementation of engaging training and coaching solutions which improve the effectiveness of the business
• Monitor, measure and report upon the effectiveness of programs and make recommendations for remedial activity where necessary.
• Collaborate with training leaders and key stakeholders to create strategies that create measurable outcomes for the business
• Partner with sales leaders of an assigned channel/segment to help secure new projects for TED by identifying business needs and agreeing to key milestones with the business and delivering on those key milestones
• Conducts a basic needs analysis with the business unit to develop a business case and assess level of training needed, applying product, market, customer and business understanding.
• Collaborate closely with the entire training team to to deliver learning solutions in a timely, efficient and effective manner.
• Acts as a subject matter expert for learning and development and an information resource accessible to the assigned channel to provide ongoing support for sales training and development needs
• Evaluates the key drivers of channel stakeholders in order for the business to make sound business judgments
• Collaborate with channel leadership to create and validate assumptions that may drive value
• Act as the key go-to for research, and other problem solving/analytical tasks as it relates to learning & development
• Demonstrate a broad understanding of Legal Sales and channel strategy and how that relates to learning & development activitySupport TED Project Management team, Digital Design & Curriculum Development team, and facilitation team as it relates to channel understandingMay facilitate high-level live classroom training on products, services and/or processes as part of continuing education to maximize organizational performance
• Support new hire development and provide mentorship to training team members
• Maintains a sound working knowledge of the products, services, industry and market trends of the business we serve as well as the best practices in learning and development.
• Facilitates quality review & final review with stakeholders for new learning offerings applicable to business needs analysis
• Lead the organizational change management efforts to ensure all stakeholders understand and execute on the project.
• Other duties as assigned
Bachelors degree required
• 5+ years of learning & development and/or applicable business experience with a proven track record of consulting to identify needs and build solutions
• Experienced impacting financial results through effectively designed and delivered learning solutions.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Strong project management skills - ability to create training plans and execute to completion
• Strong business acumen to help identify and understanding challenges and opportunities in the business and how a training solution can address these issues.
• Ability to bring consensus to groups of stakeholders through influencing skills, personal agility and dealing with ambiguity.
• Conflict management – ability to deal with different levels of leadership and effectively manage a situation where one or more parties might disagree
• Flexible adaptability - Ability to respond promptly and effectively to change
• Persuasiveness - Personal style of communication to influence senior level leaders to accept an idea and take steps towards execution
• Ability to probe for deeper understanding of Stakeholder’s pain/perceived need
• Judgment - Ability to consolidate different sources and draw logical conclusions
• Good working knowledge of internet, database systems, administrative procedures, MS Office applications
• Good knowledge of Thomson Reuters products an advantage
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.