The Security Operations Team’s mission is to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of our assets by identifying operational and security risks; and collaborating with business, functional, and customer stakeholders to develop plans that manage risk to acceptable levels. We are currently seeking a Cloud Operations Engineer to join our team.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Work with Security Operations and other Information Security teams to manage public cloud tools and infrastructure
- Drive and solve problems impacting critical security systems and implement automation to prevent re occurrence
- Maintain an accurate picture of existing public cloud infrastructure to support scaling against various project requirements
- Review change management requests for security relevance and impact
- Ongoing review of dashboards, system, application logs, and custom monitoring tools
- Solid understanding of core AWS concepts (IAM, S3, EC2, Route 53, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree or 1+ years of related field experience
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, or related certifications a plus.
- 1+ year(s) work experience in Information Technology
- Experience researching, analyzing, and resolving complex problems with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience handling multiple projects, deadlines, and resources
- Experience working as a member of a geographically diverse team preferred
- Familiarity with scripting languages, Infrastructure-as-a-service, and Infrastructure-as-code tools
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
Occasional travel may be required (Quarterly meetings/Incident Response) up to 10% of the time.
This position can be based in Richmond, VA or Eagan, MN
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.