This position will be a valuable player in the Legal FP&A team and play a key role supporting Legal’s Month End Close, Early Look Plan and LE processes and reporting for distribution to TR Legal Sr. Management. The role will develop strong partnerships with multiple business and functional partners to provide guidance on FP&A process and procedures. Collaborate with business partners to ensure reporting systems (Hyperion, Trove, SAP, SAS) are properly aligned.
- Primary owner of Workforce reporting for the Legal business, including monthly reporting and analytics; this includes presenting of workforce related results to FP&A leadership
- Primary owner for reporting of Legal’s revenue portfolio wheel results. Revenue wheels are used to communicate Legal’s revenue results both internally and externally.
- Maintain and refresh all Expense reporting for the Legal business, including the Expense Grid that shows business and account variances.
- Primary owner of EBITDA walk (i.e. waterfall) reporting for the Legal business, to help tell the financial story of what is driving the change in Legal’s EBITDA results
- Own the Expense Allocation reporting for Legal. Ensure that changes for the plan/forecast are understood for Legal. Gather any commentary from the various Functions regarding key drivers of change in the actual allocations for Legal.
- Establish and maintain strong business partnerships and cross-functional relationships.
- Lead the monthly Expense and FTE flux analysis. Per a SOX control, we need to understand all material drivers behind Legal’s variances versus Plan and Prior Year. This role will need to gather variance amounts and work with our businesses partners to help define and document and key variance drivers.
- Partner with Legal FP&A business peers to deliver accurate and timely financial results (Month End Close, Early Look, Plan, and LE).
- Drive continuous process improvement efforts to enhance timeliness and accuracy of plan, forecast and close financial results.
- Grow knowledge in various financial systems (Trove, Hyperion, SAP, SAS), and support usage within FP&A and Legal.
- Participate in special projects, cross functional teams, ad-hoc reporting and analysis to ensure highly effective outcomes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Management
- 2+ years experience with financial analysis or financial reporting
- Highly motivated and self-directed worker with the ability to work independently within the context of a complex, matrix organization to drive results.
- Comfortable working in a team environment with changing priorities and providing feedback to leadership.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Experience in financial accounting, financial analysis for decision support, financial modeling, planning, forecasting, business partnering and financial reporting.
- Knowledge of SAP preferred. Hyperion familiarity a plus but not required.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America